Software Requirements Engineer
Tucson, AZ – Remote Possible
World View is on a mission to inspire, create, and explore new perspectives for a radically improved future by helping humanity respect and conserve all life on Earth. As a leader in the burgeoning stratospheric exploration space, we have been leading groundbreaking stratospheric flight for over 6 years. Using advanced stratospheric balloon technology, our stratospheric remote sensing capabilities are trusted by NASA, NOAA and other government and commercial enterprises. And, with our space tourism and exploration business promising a truly unique space tourism experience unlike anything else on the market, World View is poised for massive growth. To learn more about World View, visit www.worldview.space.
We are seeking an experienced software requirements engineer who will be responsible for determining the needs of complex software products and defining or assisting with the definition of software architectures and design. Your responsibilities will also include identifying functional requirements using quantifiable data, analyzing that data and translating it into the product. You will work alongside stakeholders to ensure World View’s systems meet audience or consumer needs. As a software engineer, you will be responsible for working closely with our internal and external customers, partners, and operations team to drive the technical solutions that connect manned and unmanned stratospheric flight platforms to our ground systems.
Tech Stack We Use
- Postgres and MongoDB
- React (or some similar frontend library like Vue, Svelte, etc.)
- Gather, organize, analyze, and normalize requirements, producing natural-language software requirements specifications
- Design, develop, test, and maintain software according to the development process employed by the team while contributing improvements to that process
- Develop and contribute to automated test and flight infrastructure (hardware and software) as necessary for automated test development
- Communicate clearly and frequently, remaining engaged with the team through chat, e-mail, voice calls, and physical meetings
- Work with the self-driving software development teams to provide new features and capabilities
- Develop and maintain standards-compliant and extensible code
- Respond to and troubleshoot system issues raised by users
- Work according to project plans, identifying tasks, providing effort estimates, completing tasks on time, and reporting status accurately
- Providing inputs to mission planning products and documentation
- Supporting mission operations in Mission Control
- Provide support, documentation, and training materials for new and updated mission operation tools
- Undertake recurring Mission Control Training for mission operation support
- Improve products and documentation during and post-mission operations to continually reduce flight risks and improve system reliability
- BS in Electrical, Computer, or Systems Engineering, or Computer Science
- Experience defining software requirements for complex embedded software and/or application (i.e., desktop, or cloud based) software systems
- Experience with tools for managing and organizing software requirements
- Must be able to take ambiguous high level stakeholder request and transform them into well-defined software requirements
- Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- Git or other SCM
- Troubleshooting skills (real-time and in-depth analysis)
- Django, Flask, or FastAPI
- Implementation of cloud and hybrid infrastructure at scale (AWS, Azure)
- Embedded systems(bare metal, and RTOS)
- DevOps best-practices and CI/CD (Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible)
- Test automation principles and design
What We Offer
- Work alongside experts in emerging technology
- Full benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, etc.
- Modern office with kitchen, exercise area, amazing views, and more!
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
World View is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices based on race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.