Senior Cost and Budget Analyst
World View is on a mission to inspire, create, and explore new perspectives for a radically improved future by helping humanity respect and conserve all life on Earth. As a leader in the burgeoning stratospheric exploration space, we have been leading groundbreaking stratospheric flight for over 6 years. Using advanced stratospheric balloon technology, our stratospheric remote sensing capabilities are trusted by NASA, NOAA and other government and commercial enterprises. And, with our space tourism and exploration business promising a truly unique space tourism experience unlike anything else on the market, World View is poised for massive growth. To learn more about World View, visit www.worldview.space.
At World View we are looking for a Budgeting, Forecasting and Cost Analyst to join our fast-growing team. You will work alongside our finance team and support all accounting efforts
- Work alongside the Worldview Executive team and roll out, model, and make recommendations the annual budgeting based on business plan needs.
- Work alongside the Worldview Executive team and perform financial revenue, cost, headcount, and CAPEX forecasting analysis.
- Work alongside finance team and executive team to maintain and updated five-year operation plan.
- Participate in the month-end close by analyzing expenses and cost transactions; ensures that transactions are recorded accurately timely and assigned to the appropriate projects and departments.
- Provides detailed financial analysis and reports of expenses and revenues, includes breakdowns of project costs by expense category and departments, forecasts of remaining expenses.
- Work with supply chain to report on Purchase Orders i.e. open commits, physical and monetary percent completion on projects.
- Perform monthly, quarterly, and annual KPI and BVA analysis and publish accordingly to Company executives via dashboards.
- Other general accounting duties as needed and as schedule permits.
- Excellent analytical, data mining and excel skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Thorough understanding of cost accounting principles and procedures.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software as well as accounting software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business
- 3+ years experience
- Experience using ERP systems such as Microsoft Dynamic, SAP, or similar
What We Offer
- Work alongside experts in emerging technology
- Full benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, etc.
- Modern office with kitchen, exercise area, amazing views, and more!
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
World View is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices based on race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.