Quality Control Inspection Technician
World View is on a mission to inspire, create, and explore new perspectives for a radically improved future by helping humanity respect and conserve all life on Earth. As a leader in the burgeoning stratospheric exploration space, we have been leading groundbreaking stratospheric flight for over 6 years. Using advanced stratospheric balloon technology, our stratospheric remote sensing capabilities are trusted by NASA, NOAA and other government and commercial enterprises. And, with our space tourism and exploration business promising a truly unique space tourism experience unlike anything else on the market, World View is poised for massive growth. To learn more about World View, visit www.worldview.space.
At World View we are looking to add a Quality Control Inspection Technician as we continue to grow our Quality team. You will be responsible for inspection of balloon manufacturing and integration operations as well as identification and documentation of any non-conformance. You will work with Quality Management, Production Management, and Engineering to determine root cause and implementation of corrective actions / preventive actions (CAPA).
- In-process inspection and final verification of product hardware
- Manage process specifications and work order requirements in the manufacturing and integration work centers
- Identify, document, and resolve production and test anomalies in accordance with prescribed procedures and pursue corrective action as required
- Interface with engineering and production to resolve nonconforming material issues
- Read, interpret, and work from drawings as well as controlled documentation and processes
- Independently perform verifications and document results in a clear, precise, and complete manner
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment
- 5 years of Quality Control and QA experience in manufacturing
- 5 years of Quality Control and QA experience in Aviation in either a 14 CFR Part 21 or Part 145 and ideally both
- 5 years of experience with the control of nonconforming hardware, failure/root cause analysis, corrective, and preventive action (CAPA) processes
- 5 years of experience with the IPC- 610, IPC – 620 and J STD-001 processes and inspection
- Good communication skills and the ability to articulate aerospace hardware and systems problems to technical professionals to initiate resolutions
- Experience reading and interpreting design drawings and CAD models
- Knowledgeable with ISO 9001 / AS9100 Quality Management Systems
- Experience with performing electronic testing and inspection using portable measuring devices
- Proficient with computers, the ability to use MS Office, shop floor management software (ERP) and related programs
- Substantial knowledge of all Quality Control processes including AS9102 FAI processes
- Ability to work independently with a strong work ethic, be innovative, detail oriented, possess initiative, and team oriented
- Airframe & Powerplant (A&P) license
What We Offer
- Work alongside experts in emerging technology
- Full benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, etc.
- Modern office with kitchen, exercise area, amazing views, and more!
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
World View is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices based on race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.