Chief Engineer – Space Tourism
World View is on a mission to inspire, create, and explore new perspectives for a radically improved future by helping humanity respect and conserve all life on Earth. As a leader in the burgeoning stratospheric exploration space, we have been leading groundbreaking stratospheric flight for over 6 years. Using advanced stratospheric balloon technology, our stratospheric remote sensing capabilities are trusted by NASA, NOAA and other government and commercial enterprises. And, with our space tourism and exploration business promising a truly unique space tourism experience unlike anything else on the market, World View is poised for massive growth. To learn more about World View, visit www.worldview.space.
At World View our Chief Engineer – Space Tourism will lead efforts in building a human space capsule. They will focus on systems engineering, vendor engagement, creating product road maps, and own the technical aspects of product development.
- Support technology identification, assessment/application, and maturation roadmap creation including cross-division/sector involvement
- Operate in an advanced design environment and collaborate across Programs as required to accomplish the team goals
- Lead designs and requirements definitions for new systems, new system configurations, subsystems, software, and products in support of complex projects and programs requiring extensive investigation and clarification.
- Lead documentation of designs and requirements for new systems, new system configurations, subsystems, software, and products in support of projects and programs.
- Provide oversight of prototype development of new and modified systems, configurations, software, products, and services.
- Define plans and monitor costs and technical performance for all product development and/or core engineering projects.
- Implement on-going project status reviews using project management tools.
- Represents the organization as the technical liaison in providing solutions to customer problems.
- Define system, subsystem, and component level requirements
- Assist in creating and maintaining programmatic and technical documentation to insure efficient planning and execution
- Lead Technical Reviews (i.e. Preliminary Design Reviews, Critical Design Reviews, Test Readiness Reviews, Functional Configuration Audits, etc.) to successfully satisfy entrance/exit criteria
- Coordinate and lead verification and validation activities to ensure the system meets requirements, supports operational scenarios, and satisfies any other relevant contractual or derived criteria
- Bachelor's of Science degree and preferred MS
- 15+ years experience in large-scale integrated systems.
- Deep knowledge in at least one functional area such as GNC, FSW, Thermal, Mechanical, Electrical, etc.
- Maintain system budgets such as power, data, mass, propulsion, pointing, etc.
- Experience with Fishbone fault analysis techniques
- Experience leading or working in teams for anomaly resolution
- Experience writing requirements in lean system environments
- Understanding of the full project life cycle
- Experience with subsystem or system level AI&T
- Experience with systems design, to include vehicle, payload, command and control, ground systems, and support systems.
- A minimum of 5 years providing technical leadership of an engineering team or teams
- Experience with detailed design and engineering and manufacturing development
- Experience with rapid prototyping and demonstration
- Experience with technology needs identification, categorization/assessment, application, and maturation including TRL and MRL definitions
- Demonstrated ability to lead multi-function teams to achieve positive results for complex projects. Acts as mentor, coach, technical expert, and wealth of knowledge.
- Master of Quality and directing teams in developing test methods and procedures.
- Demonstrated high level of experience providing identifiable technical contributions to the success of a company/industry.
What We Offer
- Work alongside experts in emerging technology
- Full benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, etc.
- Modern office with kitchen, exercise area, amazing views, and more!
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
World View is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices based on race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.