The World Surf League connects millions of fans across the globe to live competition and surf related content through our own and operated website and apps. We are looking for a highly motivated, self directed Digital Product Manager to play an integral role in shaping the fan experience. In this position, you will represent your customers in building both the external facing features and the tools to manage them. You will establish relationships with internal teams, especially with Editorial and Broadcast, as well as vendors to deliver high quality live and non-live experiences for our fans. This position will be an individual contributor reporting directly to the Director of Product Strategy.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Understand the needs of your customers through interviews, surveys, competitive analyses, site metrics, and third party research.
- Develop and evangelize the business case for your product initiatives, via briefs, PRDs, and wireframes.
- Collaborate with designers, engineers, and primary stakeholders to deliver quality products in a timely fashion.
- Enable internal stakeholders with new tools by creating user guides and conducting training sessions.
- Drive adoption by drafting release notes and evangelizing product features to both external and internal users.
- Ensure product quality by performing cross-platform user acceptance testing and monitoring the digital broadcast experience.
- Participate in live operations during surf events and help deliver a superior digital experience to fans.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, preferably in a technical field.
- 3+ years of product management experience for a consumer facing website or mobile app.
- Experience with live events is highly desirable.
- Fluent with agile software development methodologies and content publishing tools.
- Ability to lead a project to completion with minimal guidance.
- Strong verbal and communication skills with the ability to solve problems and drive results with cross-functional teams
- Passion for sports, especially surfing, is helpful.
- Above all, integrity and honesty
- Entrepreneurial; willingness to work independently with the best business practices in mind
- A skilled leader who effectively leads his/her group by clearly communicating expectations, following through on deliverables and providing input and direction to ensure the accurate and timely development and communication of financial data.
- Demonstrated skills in supervising, coaching staff, and creating high performing teams, and experience managing a diverse international team is an asset.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to effectively present information.
- Thrives in working in a flexible environment with a commitment to the pursuit of quality work.
- Self-motivated, hands on, detail oriented with the ability to take the initiative, multi-task and remain flexible with changing priorities.
- Optimism and energy for the brand and its future
- A high degree of self-awareness of one’s own personal style, strengths and weaknesses and motivational triggers.
- Intellectual curiosity and enthusiasm for learning.
- Action Oriented—enjoys working hard and looks for challenges; able to act and react as necessary, even if limited information is available; willing to take unpopular stands when necessary.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V