As a critical member of the KSWC technology team the technical lead will be responsible for wave system product development activities in support of customer projects and internal research and development. Working to co- develop Design Strategy, the Wave Systems Engineer will be responsible for establishing efficient workflow through all phases of design and across all active wave venue design projects. The Wave Systems Engineer will also be responsible for maintaining existing design, managing change, and ensuring the product meets all customer requirements.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Assist the mechanical design, electrical design, functional test for product development
- Support design reviews, technical reviews, gate reviews
- Run technical review meetings including documentation of minutes and ensuring closure of actions.
- Establish develop and maintain key supplier relationships on a technical level
- Work with vendors to identify new technology and cost reduction opportunities
- Prepare and present product options that support project needs.
- QA / QC of design interfaces internal and external to the team
- Development of requirements flowdown using QFD process
- Coordinate and interface between various engineering, design, and construction disciplines
- Establish efficient work processes for product development
- Bachelor of Engineering
- Experience working in theme park or wave technology is advantageous.
- Proficiency in CAD software.
- Fluency in all Microsoft Office application
- Familiarity with design process and execution of technical reviews
- Experience with process development in engineering
- Above all, integrity and honesty
- An open and collaborative nature
- Excellent communication. You will have the opportunity to be a strong contributor in a positive, innovative and energetic environment.
- Must be able to listen, interpret, communicate and articulate designs while balancing the needs and expectations of the business.
This is a Full Time role, Monday to Friday, with additional overtime as required.
Remote work will occur during the COVID-19 Pandemic, with the intention this role will be based out of the WSL Santa Monica Office or KSWC Culver City Office in the future.
Travel as required.
About the Business:
Kelly Slater Wave Company (KSWC) is an innovative wave technology company. KSWC is the first company to develop a formula that combines cutting edge science, engineering, and design to create the longest, open-barrel, high-performance wave in existence. The Wave System can mimic the power, speed, and experience found in the best ocean waves. As envisioned by 11-time world champion Kelly Slater, KSWC was created to evolve the sport of surfing by making it more accessible. The company is creating world-class, high-performance training centers where top athletes can perfect their talent. In addition, the company is looking at development applications for surfers of any level to enjoy the best man-made waves.