World Surf League is looking for a Coordinator to join the Human Resources team. The Coordinator will have a heavy focus on payroll administration and assist in general projects for the Human Resources team. The right candidate for this position will be an individual who has a natural intellectual curiosity, strong listening, communication and analytical skills and is comfortable working independently. The Coordinator will be someone who is consistently looking to drive improvements and simplify processes. This role will be temporary with a potential option to go permanent.
- Process payroll in ADP Workforce Now, ensure internal controls are met for multi-state payroll system, including accurate and timely payroll, base pay, payroll taxes, 401(k), statutory and supplemental benefits, etc.
- Assist with the onboarding & off-boarding of employees
- Coordinates with the Human Resources team to ensure that all pay changes and deductions are reflected appropriately in the payroll system.
- Assist with management of payroll-related projects & reconciliation, including, maintaining payroll documentation & support audits.
- Respond to all employment verifications requests (written and verbal) in a timely manner.
- Assist with the day-to-day administrative aspects of benefits & support benefit projects.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, documentation and HRIS.
- Assist with planning and execution of special events such as benefits & other HR led events.
- Provide additional support to the HR team in all other areas of HR as needed.
- Assist in the implementation of HR programs and initiatives, providing a high level of customer service and communication.
- 3+ years of owning payroll processing experience from beginning to end, with multi state in-house payroll and knowledge of US individual tax laws/regulations.
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now Payroll is strongly preferred.
- Experience with ADP benefits module, HCM, Timekeeping, and ADP Smart Compliance strongly preferred.
- 2+ year of HR & related experience in meeting fast paced employee-based needs.
- Broad based HR knowledge and awareness of laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite & G Suite, high proficiency in excel.
- Demonstrated proficiency using an HRIS system and other common HR software.
- Professional yet approachable presence with topnotch execution of all responsibilities
- Extremely flexible, and able to balance and easily shift priorities, high ethical and professional ability to prioritize and meet multiple deadlines, ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written. Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism.
- Above all, integrity, and honesty.
- Resourceful, can comfortably & effectively lean in on their work experience to overcome difficult situations.
- Entrepreneurial; willingness to work independently with the best business practices in mind.
- An exceptional work ethic with an ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and autonomously.
- Excellent organizational skills with a sense of urgency to follow through.
- Strong problem-solving skills including ability to proactively anticipate requirements and identify/mitigate potential issues before they occur.