World Surf League (WSL) is looking for a Coordinator to join the Human Resources team. The Coordinator will have a heavy focus on payroll administration and assist in general projects for the Human Resources team. The right candidate for this position will be an individual who has a natural intellectual curiosity, strong analytical skills and is confident working independently. The Coordinator should have the desire to drive improvements and continuously simplify processes. Please note this is a Seasonal role.
- Ensure an accurate and timely payroll is processed, including base pay, payroll taxes, 401(k), statutory and supplemental benefits, etc.
- Management of payroll-related projects including payroll documentation, resolving payroll tax issues and supporting audits.
- Process terminations in ADP & calculation of final pays, including maintenance and tracking COBRA.
- Run monthly benefit reports and assist in benefit correspondences.
- Administer the day-to-day aspects of the retirement plans including enrollment, contribution funding, distribution of appropriate notices, account rollovers, loans, etc.
- Manage payroll tax notices, ensure timely response & processing of notices. Research payroll tax discrepancies.
- Reconcile monthly premium statements, working with accounting to ensure allocations are correct.
- Ensure the company is maintaining compliance with federal and state laws, including reporting requirements.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, documentation and HRIS.
- Performs periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
- Responsible for payments processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
- Coordinates with the Human Resources team to ensure that all pay changes and deductions are reflected appropriately in the payroll system.
- Assists with planning and execution of special events such as benefits & other HR lead events.
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now Payroll is a MUST.
- Experience with ADP benefits module, HCM, Timekeeping, and ADP Smart Compliance strongly preferred.
- 2+ years of functional experience with multi state in-house payroll processing and functional. knowledge of US individual tax laws/regulations.
- 2+ years of HR & related experience in meeting fast paced employee-based needs.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite & Google Suite, high proficiency in excel.
- Demonstrated proficiency using an HRIS system and other common HR software.
- Professional yet approachable presence with topnotch execution of all responsibilities
- Extremely flexible, highly organized, and able to balance and easily shift priorities, high ethical and professional ability to prioritize and meet multiple deadlines, ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written. Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism, intellectual curiosity and enthusiasm for learning.
- Above all, integrity and honesty.
- Entrepreneurial; willingness to work independently with the best business practices in mind.
- An exceptional work ethic with an ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and autonomously.
- Excellent organizational skills with a sense of urgency to follow through.
- Strong problem-solving skills including ability to proactively anticipate requirements and identify/mitigate potential issues before they occur.