As a critical member of the KSWC technology team the technical lead will be responsible for wave system design activities. Working to co-develop Design Strategy, the Primary responsibility of the Technical lead will be to oversee the implementation of Design Strategy; through all phases of design and across all active Wave Venue design projects.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Technical guidelines and Coordination Setup
- Development of Document Control and Standards
- QA / QC of design interfaces internal and external to the team
- Design coordinate and interface between various engineering, design and construction disciplines
- Assessment of current Digital Design discipline and further development of efficient processes and tools
- Process development for change control and project coordination.
- Implementation of advanced design methodologies related to Bathymetry and Wave Basin design
- Management of design teams to specific processes, tools, and methodologies; as needed
- Bachelor of Engineering, Architecture, design school, or equivalent experience
- Experience working Environmental Design, Architectural Engineering, theme park, hospitality and/or resort design
- Proficiency in AutoCAD software. Fluency in all Microsoft Office applications, Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCAD; Fluency in Sketchup and 3DMax is desirable, though not required.
- Advanced technical proficiency in BIM based environments; Rhino, Revit, scripting
- Strong technical knowledge of construction and thorough understanding of construction documents.
- Expert sketching and rendering skills
- Above all, integrity and honesty
- An open and collaborative nature
- Excellent communication. You will have the opportunity to be a strong contributor in a positive, innovative and energetic environment.
- Must be able to listen, interpret, communicate and articulate designs while balancing the needs and expectations of the business.
This is a Full Time role, Monday to Friday, with additional overtime as required.
Remote work will occur during the COVID-19 Pandemic, with the intention this role will be based out of the WSL Santa Monica Office in the future.
Travel as required.
About the Business:
Kelly Slater Wave Company (KSWC) is an innovative wave technology company. KSWC is the first company to develop a formula that combines cutting edge science, engineering, and design to create the longest, open-barrel, high-performance wave in existence. The Wave System can mimic the power, speed, and experience found in the best ocean waves. As envisioned by 11-time world champion Kelly Slater, KSWC was created to evolve the sport of surfing by making it more accessible. The company is creating world-class, high-performance training centers where top athletes can perfect their talent. In addition, the company is looking at development applications for surfers of any level to enjoy the best man-made waves.