We are looking for a talented Vice President, Business Development to join the Revenue team. The Vice President, Business Development and report directly to our Chief Revenue Officer. The vision for this role is to drive global strategic partnerships and new business development across our multi-platform product offerings. The role is highly entrepreneurial and requires the ability to identify creative partner solutions that will deliver value for the WSL & our partners.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Develop a framework to identify, analyze, evaluate, and execute strategic partnerships and new business prospects globally
- Manage a pipeline, including prospect identification, proposal development, winning the deal and negotiating the contract
- Cultivate new business relationships through a focused and disciplined consultative solution-based sales methodology and approach with prospective partners
- Lead new business assessments, including identification of market entry strategies through external partnerships
- Partner with internal stakeholders in Marketing, Analytics, PR, Digital Product, & WSL Studios to develop innovative pitches, proposals and execute deals and successfully execute the sales strategy
- Influence product decisions based on commercial viability and have the ability to innovate new products that will drive value for the WSL and our partners.
- 8-10 years - media, brand, or sports sponsorship experience required
- Connected with a deep “rolodex” of contacts, and established relationships across a variety of targeted brand categories
- Creative as it pertains to delivering clients clever, innovative, high-value, custom integration packages
- Detail-oriented, with strong organizational and negotiating skills
- Able to identify, analyze, and communicate competitive sales strategies
- Strong negotiator with the ability to negotiate effectively and recommend deals/solutions that make sense for all parties involved
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced, high-volume environment & remain composed under pressure
- Expertise in Digital/Mobile/OTT media
- Global sports experience desired
- Above all, integrity and honesty
- Passion for Surf and/or understanding of the sport
- Entrepreneurial; willingness to work independently with the best business practices in mind
- An exceptional work ethic and attention to detail
- An enthusiasm for coaching, teaching and the development of people
- Optimism and energy for the brand and its future
- An open and collaborative nature
- A high degree of self-awareness of one’s own personal style, strengths and weaknesses and motivational triggers.
- Intellectual curiosity and enthusiasm for learning.
- Action Oriented—enjoys working hard and looks for challenges; able to act and react as necessary, even if limited information is available; willing to take unpopular stands when necessary.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V