Works under the supervision of the Director of Hospitality, Front of House Manager, and Chef’s. The cook is responsible for assisting the culinary team on the preparation of all meals and menu items. The position is responsible for ensuring quality meals and service for Surf Ranch guests during their stay. The Cook should familiarize themselves with the guests that are coming to visit Surf Ranch and be knowledgeable of any dietary or allergy restrictions. This role is seasonal and temporary in nature from approximately July to December 2020.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Ensure that the kitchen and surrounding areas are sanitized and clean in accordance with company standards and health code regulations
- Prepare food/maintain facility in accordance with company and health code regulations
- Stay current on restaurant industry trends
- Identify new culinary techniques and presentations
- Assist kitchen staff with food prep and recipe creation
- Ensure quality meals and interact with guests on a regular basis, even preparing meals with guests at times
- 3+ years of previous experience serving as Cook, Chef, or Sous Chef in commercial kitchen operation
- Degree in Culinary Arts preferred
- Food Safety Manager Certification and/or CA Food Handler Permit
- Experience with ordering systems and delivery logistics
- Experience in “5-star” hospitality services environment
- Knowledge of guest menu requests and ability to work around allergy or dietary restrictions
- Exceptional work ethic
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Optimism and energy for the brand and its future
- An open and collaborative nature
- This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day.
- Must be physically able to chop and prepare produce, wipe down surfaces, reach, twist, bend and be able to pick up debris from floor or items from storage spaces; able to carry 25 or more pounds.
- Ability to work and maneuver in small or confined spaces, such as cupboards, refrigerators, and food storage areas.