The Brand Marketing Director will be essential in leading brand marketing function to drive awareness and engagement around the WSL brand and our diverse product ecosystem. This role is a temporary position with the possibility to go permanent. The Brand Marketing Director will partner with the CMO and VP Marketing to develop and execute brand and product marketing strategies and collaborate with key partners, including PR, Creative, Talent Marketing, Social & Editorial, WSL Studios, Consumer Insights, Partnerships and Events to drive implementation.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Collaborate with fast-paced teams across WSL HQ and regional offices to develop and oversee execution of product and brand marketing strategies and campaigns.
- Provide thought leadership, strategic insight, and clear communication (written and verbal) to peers and stakeholders.
- Master cross-functional processes and hold the team to high quality standards to execute and scale the production of world-class content and campaigns.
- Work with internal designers, writers, editors as well as agencies and freelancers to deliver top-quality marketing assets,
- Develop messaging frameworks to craft brand narratives and product communication plans for key consumer segments
- Plan paid, owned and earned media across traditional, digital and experiential channels.
- Lead a high-performing marketing team that is nimble and scales to meet demands of company growth strategy.
- Strategic mindset with deep understanding of effective positioning, brand architecture, and brand voice
- Strong project management skills and "roll up your sleeves" attitude
- Ability to utilize data insights to direct marketing strategy and initiatives
- Strong leadership skills; ability to engage and guide cross-functional teams across dynamic, global organization.
- Experience in writing concise, results oriented and inspirational briefs
- Effective communicator (verbally and in writing) and comfortable presenting in front of larger groups
- 8+ years’ experience in consumer brand marketing
- Experience in sports marketing is an advantage
- Surf knowledge and appreciation for the sport a plus
- Experience with digital customer acquisition and CRM preferred
- BA/BSc degree in business, marketing and communications field required, Master’s degree preferred
- Above all, integrity and honesty
- Entrepreneurial; willingness to work independently with the best business practices in mind
- An exceptional work ethic with an ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and autonomously
- Excellent organizational skills with a sense of urgency to follow through
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving skills including ability to proactively anticipate requirements and identify/mitigate potential issues before they occur
- Demonstrated ability to provide a high level of service and to effectively and comfortably communicate with internal and external customers
- Optimism and energy for the company and its future
- An open and collaborative nature
- A high degree of self-awareness of one’s own personal style, strengths, key areas for improvement
- Intellectual curiosity and enthusiasm for learning
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V