Under the direct supervision of Director of Sustaining Engineering, the Maintenance Manager organizes, assigns, and directs all site maintenance, and repairs. This position is responsible for overall site cleanliness as well as Wave System performance and safety. This position is responsible for the direct supervision of all the Maintenance Technicians and the third-party vendors.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Maintain machines and equipment in safe, operating order. Makes repairs as appropriate or determines when vendors should be contacted for servicing.
- Providing all management duties including hiring, training, and scheduling.
- Managing all maintenance staff to assure the safe operational and working condition of all Wave System equipment.
- Overseeing and facilitating all construction management operations as it pertains to future SR site improvements.
- Troubleshoots and repairs mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical equipment including, but not limited to programmable logic controllers, power supplies, motor starters, frequency drives, sensors and gauges, and test equipment.
- Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of equipment and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of equipment during machine service.
- Advises operators and mechanics of operation procedures and requirements for working safely with electrical/electronic and mechanical equipment and components.
- Informs appropriate management and mechanics of potential electrical/mechanical problems and inherent dangers involved.
- Maintains company-required performance and maintenance records for equipment.
- Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Maintains spare parts and materials needed to keep inventory on hand
- Documents and maintains paperwork.
- Leads maintenance personnel with technical troubleshooting.
- Comply with OSHA Safety, NEC, and, HACCP.
- Develops best practices, processes and training as required.
- Understanding and providing good customer service.
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
Knowledge and Skills:
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Able to generate, edit and interpret drawings and schematics.
- Systems instrumentation controls troubleshooting & configuration.
- PLC\HMI troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of utilities and power supply circuits and systems.
- Knowledge with NEC, NFPA 70E/ARC Flash and firm understanding of Ohms Law.
- Ability to generate detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to lead structured problem solving.
- Excellent organizational and communications skills.
- Must be self-motivated and able to achieve high impact in an unstructured environment.
- Demonstrated ability to coach, mentor, train.
- Four-year Technical degree or equivalent training preferred.
- 15+ years of related experience.
- Exceptional work ethic.
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible is essential.
- Action Oriented—enjoys working hard and looks for challenges; able to act and react as necessary even if limited information is available; willing to take unpopular stands when necessary.
- Strong team player.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to vibration. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions cold and heat.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Kelly Slater Wave Company (KSWC) is an innovative wave technology company. KSWC is the first company to develop a formula that combines cutting edge science, engineering, and design to create the longest, open-barrel, high-performance wave in existence. The Wave System can mimic the power, speed, and experience found in the best ocean waves. As envisioned by 11-time world champion Kelly Slater, KSWC was created to evolve the sport of surfing by making it more accessible. The company is creating world-class, high-performance training centers where top athletes can perfect their talent. In addition, the company is looking at development applications for surfers of any level to enjoy the best man-made waves.