We are looking for a talented, well-rounded candidate to join the WSL Finance Team. The Finance Coordinator serves as a key member of the Finance department reporting directly to our Chief Financial Officer and providing administrative support to key members of the Finance Team.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Administrative Support: Perform meeting scheduling, calendar organization, travel planning, event planning and other duties as required by the CFO; occasionally provide travel and meeting support for the broader Finance Team.
- Project level Support: Partner with CFO and Finance Team to coordinate multiple cross-department projects; This entails the simultaneous management of project plans / calendars and aggregating / updating analysis (excel based) and presentations (power point based) for multiple in-flight projects within and external to the Finance Team.
- Provide administrative and analytical support for the annual budget, 5 Yr planning process and ad hoc projects within the Finance team as required.
- Partner with Finance Team to establish and enhance work streams across the Finance Team and more broadly across the WSL.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Concentration in Finance and/or Media is preferred
- 2+ years of related experience working within a Finance Department or Administrative Capacity, displaying the ability to combine Administrative Coordination with Analytical support
- Tech and web savvy with strong MS office & G Suite skills; require specific emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint
- Basic understanding of Calendar management and Travel coordinator
- Ability to work in a matrixed environment across multiple time-zones; agile and adaptable to a fast pace schedule
- Strong listening, verbal and written skills with the ability to communicate with upper level management
- Deep interest in surfing and/or love of the ocean and water-based activities is preferred
- Above all, integrity and honesty
- Intellectual curiosity and enthusiasm for learning.
- Action Oriented—enjoys working hard and looks for challenges; able to act and react as necessary, even if limited information is available; willing to take unpopular stands when necessary.
- Entrepreneurial; willingness to work independently with the best business practices in mind
- An exceptional work ethic
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Masterful organizational skills
- Optimism and energy for the brand and its future
- An open and collaborative nature
- A high degree of self-awareness of one’s own personal style, strengths and weaknesses and motivational triggers.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V