The Director of Hospitality manages all deliverables related to guest services. This includes management of kitchen, food service, housekeeping and lodging teams of Surf Ranch. The Director of Hospitality will report directly the General Manager.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Ensure delivery of exceptional guest experience for all surfers and guests.
- Work directly with clients and guests on the planning and coordination of their experiences at Surf Ranch.
- Manage the housekeeping and lodging teams in the execution and care of those departments.
- Oversees the food & beverage program including both in house and partner provided catering.
- Maintains a high level of quality in the execution of housekeeping and management of the ranch house.
- Serves as a member of the Executive Committee and MOD program.
- Respond and resolve guest service related issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Provide management and oversight on all departments budgets as they relate to both labor and operational expenses, including the scheduling of staff.
- Communicate accurately and in a timely manner, matters which pertain to the delivery of hospitality and guest service status/readiness to the General Manager.
- Train and mentor all direct reports.
- Support requests of all operating groups/departments within Surf Ranch and KSWC in a timely and professional manner.
- Adhere to all Standard Operating Procedures within the hospitality departments at Surf Ranch.
- Assist in the development and implementation of processes which enhance system efficiencies and increase productivity.
- Maintain proficiency in all areas as it pertains to his/her area(s) of responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Outdoor work conditions will involve weather, noise, and hazardous materials.
- Required to often work extended periods of time.
- 5+ years' experience in a resort or hospitality setting responsible for leading teams in the areas of guest service and or food & beverage.
- Experience in or around the surfing industry.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate ability to work with all levels of employees and management, and willingness to give assistance to co-workers.
- Demonstrate ability to work independently under pressure; proactive thinker/self-starter.
- Exceptional work ethic.
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible is essential.
- Action Oriented—enjoys working hard and looks for challenges; able to act and react as necessary even if limited information is available; willing to take unpopular stands when necessary.
- Strong team player.
- The employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching.
Kelly Slater Wave Company (KSWC) is an innovative wave technology company. KSWC is the first company to develop a formula that combines cutting edge science, engineering, and design to create the longest, open-barrel, high-performance wave in existence. The Wave System can mimic the power, speed, and experience found in the best ocean waves. As envisioned by 11-time world champion Kelly Slater, KSWC was created to evolve the sport of surfing by making it more accessible. The company is creating world-class, high-performance training centers where top athletes can perfect their talent. In addition, the company is looking at development applications for surfers of any level to enjoy the best man-made waves.