The HR Director plays an integral role on the Human Resources team reporting directly into the Chief People Officer (CPO). The Director will be responsible for key functions within the WSL Human Resources department including Performance Management, Compensation, Benefits, Compliance and Learning & Development initiatives.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- In partnership with the CPO, lead and deliver the bi-annual performance management process with precision and high quality
- Identify and implement a world-class performance management system
- Lead the analysis & make recommendations to the CPO around compensation – with a focus on pay for performance
- In partnership with the CPO, lead the negotiation for the annual renewal for Health & Wellness Benefit portfolio
- Ensure that the HRIS & Payroll system is optimized and meets the organization’s data needs.
- Conduct analysis on a monthly and quarterly basis to ensure that invoicing for all vendors is accurate & SUI/SIT taxes are in compliance
- Build out a comprehensive Wellness Program
- Develop a comprehensive employee handbook for the WSL & WaveCo appropriate to each state/country where we operate
- Develop a comprehensive end-to-end leave of absence process appropriate to each state/country where we operate
- In partnership with the CPO, build a comprehensive recommendation for an end-to-end Learning & Development program and system
- Identify and implement a world-class learning management system (LMS)
- Deep experience working with compensation plans and programs at both publicly held and privately held companies
- Deep experience with payroll & tax – familiarity with the ADP payroll systems
- Deep experience and working knowledge of excel in order to conduct complex compensation analysis and forecasts
- Deep experience managing leaves and compliance in the state of California in particular
- Global or multi-site experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in business preferred
- Ability to envision the big picture while remaining detail oriented
- Demonstrated experience in the role of trusted advisor, business partner
- Strong communicator, comfortable communicating at all levels of the organization
- Culture builder, demonstrated experience in building positive, high performing cultures
- Above all, integrity and honesty
- An exceptional work ethic
- Optimism and energy for the brand and its future
- An open and collaborative nature
- Incredibly organized and capable of juggling multiple projects simultaneously
- A high degree of self-awareness of one’s own personal style, strengths and weaknesses and motivational triggers.
- Intellectual curiosity and enthusiasm for learning.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced corporate environment
- Action Oriented—enjoys working hard and looks for challenges; able to act and react as necessary, even if limited information is available; willing to take unpopular stands when necessary.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V