The Music Coordinator plays an integral role on the Music team reporting directly into the VP, Music. The Coordinator will be responsible for the music licensing administrative process as well as extensive music library listening, discovery of new music and support on live music events.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Handle music library listening and selections for use across various departments (Broadcast, Marketing/Social/Branded Content). With the extensive content creation, understanding what is on brand is essential.
- Manage and maintain all spreadsheets (legal, regional, departments, budget tracking)
- Responsible for the timely and proper completion of the music request forms for each piece of music licensed
- Communicate effectively with legal, finance and creative teams to ensure relevant details for all deals are accurate and processed according to policy
- Handle cue sheet completion and delivery to labels and publishers
- Curate and create Spotify Playlists that reflect our Global Audience
- Constant research on new, unsigned and emerging bands as well as regional trends (Brazil, Australia, Asia) to stay ahead of the curve and secure affordable music
- Maintain strong relationships in the music industry and attend industry showcases
- Administrative support to VP, Music (expenses only)
- Ability to work evenings and weekends when necessary
- Ad hoc projects as necessary across all departments
- 2+ years’ experience in the music industry
- 1+ years’ experience in music licensing
- Ability to multitask and efficiently process forms, often under tight deadlines
- Strong interest in and passion for discovering new music
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Personable, self-directed and driven
- Well-organized, with strong attention to detail and follow-up
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Above all, integrity and honesty
- An exceptional work ethic
- Optimism and energy for the brand and its future
- An open and collaborative nature
- Incredibly organized and capable of juggling multiple projects simultaneously
- A high degree of self-awareness of one’s own personal style, strengths and weaknesses and motivational triggers.
- Intellectual curiosity and enthusiasm for learning.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced corporate environment
- Action Oriented—enjoys working hard and looks for challenges; able to act and react as necessary, even if limited information is available; willing to take unpopular stands when necessary.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V