We are currently seeking a Part-Time Security Guard to work at our Leemore, CA, Surf Ranch location. The overall safety and security of Surf Ranch is critical to the site, staff, and guests visiting Surf Ranch, and the Security Guard is responsible for this undertaking. Under the direct supervision of the General Manager, the Security Guard works to keep Surf Ranch safe and secure at all times. This position is responsible for all vehicles and patrons that arrive and depart Surf Ranch daily. The security of Surf Ranch is critical and can directly affect the overall guest experience. The Surf Ranch Security Guard must have a thorough understanding of the Surf Ranch property lines and all entrances and exits on site. The Security Guard must understand areas of the property that are less secure than others and to monitor those areas accordingly.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Interface with guests and employees as they enter Surf Ranch through the service and main entrances.
- Identify guests as they arrive and ensure that they have an invitation to be onsite.
- Patrol Surf Ranch on a consistent basis.
- Monitor the perimeter fence throughout the day and night.
- Intervene and resolve security threats or issues as they arise.
- Guard position will most likely be the first visual touchpoint upon guest arrival so friendliness, and good attitude are important per Surf Ranch ‘guest service trail’.
- Understand the Surf Ranch property lines, easements etc.
- Understand the Surf Ranch security/emergency evacuation plan.
- Knowledge and understanding of facility locations.
- Ability to resolve conflict when necessary
- Ability to activate the 911 system and request local law enforcement if necessary
- Ability to work different hours of the day including overnight shifts
- Basic Security training
- Prior Security experience preferred
- Team player
- Action Oriented—enjoys working hard and looks for challenges; able to act and react as necessary
- Friendly and positive attitude. Able to interface with guests on a regular basis
- Physically able to sit, stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push and pull items weighing 75 pounds or less.
- The position requires manual dexterity; auditory and visual skills; and the ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures.