The CRM Marketing Manager plays an integral role on the Marketing team reporting directly into the VP, Marketing. They will manage all CRM Marketing including: email campaigns, fan segmentation and the WSL fantasy league promotion and community management. This role will partner with the Analytics and Research team to manage the WSL fan database and execute initiatives to grow the fan data pool and recruit new users. Further, this role will support event, brand and athlete marketing initiatives in order to elevate the WSL brand and grow audience.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Stay up to date on digital marketing trends & technology and suggest new CRM tactics to engage WSL fans and increase live broadcast consumption
- Personalized email campaign planning, development, distribution and reporting
- Management of WSL Fantasy Game community - Engage existing players, targeting and recruitment of new players
- Partner with the Analytics and Research team to update and utilize fan segmentation across Marketing initiatives.
- Work with marketing and analytics team to ensure all event marketing is optimized to deliver audience growth and engagement based on companywide KPIs.
- Generate marketing reports to track marketing campaign performance for events and brand marketing
- Management of WSL Fan database, both growing data pool via new fan registrations and ensuring data is current.
- Work closely with the product team to optimize personalized user experience and messaging across our own and operated channels.
- Develop and run fan surveys to answer marketing related research questions
- Manage relationships with superfan community through on-and offline communications, including personalized mailings and gift packs
- 4-7 years of experience in the Marketing field
- CRM Management experience required with proven history of managing effective campaigns
- Basic knowledge of SQL and Data Analytics software prefered
- Experienced in using Mailchimp as email marketing platform
- Prior Sports Marketing and Olympic experience preferred
- Experience in fan segmentation and personalized targeting strategy
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Impeccable writing skills, copywriting experience preferred.
- Well-organized, with strong attention to detail and excellent project management skills
- Above all, integrity and honesty
- An exceptional work ethic
- Optimism and energy for the brand and its future
- An open and collaborative nature
- Incredibly organized and capable of juggling multiple projects simultaneously
- A high degree of self-awareness of one’s own personal style, strengths and weaknesses and motivational triggers.
- Intellectual curiosity and enthusiasm for learning.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced corporate environment
- Action Oriented—enjoys working hard and looks for challenges; able to act and react as necessary, even if limited information is available; willing to take unpopular stands when necessary.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V