The Director, Corporate Development will report directly to the WSL Chief Financial Officer, with dotted line support to the Business Segment Leaders. This role will lead and/or support multiple Corporate Development Initiatives, such as the long-term strategy, enterprise-wide financial analysis and modeling, joint ventures / strategic partnerships and other ad-hoc analysis to support Business Initiatives and overall growth of the Enterprise.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Facilitate the corporate strategy process for the company, working closely with the CEO, CFO and Business Unit Leaders.
• As a direct report to the CFO, work with company executives in developing and planning a variety of strategic initiatives and projects.
• Support corporate development activities, including strategic planning, partnerships, JVs, M&A, etc., including interfacing with external constituents.
• Build and maintain a variety of financial models, including multi-year financial statement models, unit economic analyses, capital investment models, customer cohorts, etc.
• Lead analyses and research on key industry trends and dynamics (media, sports leagues, location-based entertainment venues, market, technology, competitors, consumers, etc.), and develop insights on the economic impact on our business and help drive long term strategy.
• Present strategic recommendations including business cases and valuation analyses to support corporate and business segment decisions and investment prioritization.
• Participate in a cross-functional team to create a ‘big data’ framework to drive business intelligence, consumer insights and forward-looking analytics.
• Create and maintain investor and Board reporting, including supporting the creation of quarterly Board decks; interface with Board and investors on an as-needed basis.
• 5+ years of experience: Corporate strategy / management consulting or Investment banking; private equity or VC/PE backed portfolio company
• A bachelor’s degree in quantitative business discipline (such as finance, mathematics or economics), or a liberal arts degree from top-tier institution is required. MBA preferred, but not required
• Media/Entertainment and/or Sports Industry experience is required; experience in Media Rights exploitation and creating a direct to consumer business models is a plus
• Practical knowledge of finance and valuation analyses, strong analytical ability and oral and written communication skills
• Experience and independent ability to prepare M&A financial models analyzing potential investments
• Ability to influence and provide strategic recommendations to senior level executives and the Board of Directors
• Ability to travel as needed
• Deep interest in surfing and/or love the ocean and water-based activities is a must
• Above all, integrity and honesty
• An exceptional work ethic
• Optimism and energy for the brand and its future
• An open and collaborative nature
• Intellectual curiosity and enthusiasm for learning
• Ability to work independently in a fast paced, quickly changing and sometimes unstructured environment
• Team player, proactive and action oriented, highly accountable and feels deep ownership for his/her work and the success of the overall company
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V