The Maintenance Technician supports daily wave operations by safely operating, maintaining, and inspecting the wave systems equipment, and other duties assigned within the Maintenance Department at Surf Ranch. The Maintenance Technician will work directly under the supervision of the Maintenance Manager and Site Operations Manager.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Ensure wave system safety, quality, operation and compliance of all equipment at the Surf Ranch.
- Respond and resolve maintenance issues that affect wave quality and performance in a timely manner. Ensure the work is performed correctly and follows all approved procedures.
- Communicate accurately and in a timely manner, matters which pertain to the operational status/readiness of the wave system to the Maintenance Foreman and Maintenance Manager.
- Support requests of all operating groups/departments within Surf Ranch and KSWC in a timely and professional manner.
- Maintain machines and equipment in safe, operating order. Make repairs as appropriate or determine when vendors should be contacted for servicing.
- Study specifications such as blueprints, sketches, or descriptions of parts to be inspected and/or replaced.
- Maintain and control inventories at levels adequate to sustain efficient operations. Places special orders for materials based on work order requirements.
- Adhere to all Standard Operating Procedures within the Maintenance Department at Surf Ranch.
- Ensure that unscheduled work performed is correctly documented.
- Assist in the development and implementation of processes which enhance system efficiencies and increase productivity.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain proficiency in all areas as it pertains to his/her area(s) of responsibilities.
- Exposure to temperatures relative to the various systems.
- Outdoor work conditions will involve weather, noise, and hazardous materials.
- Required to work in confined spaces.
- Required to work at heights.
- Possess knowledge of certain electrical/electronics, hydraulic/pneumatics, mechanical/structural, welding/ fabricating, program logic controllers (PLC), machining, inventory control inspection, quality control procedures
- Experienced in fabrication and design for all the disciplines listed above
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
- Demonstrate ability to work with all levels of employees and management, and willingness to give assistance to co-workers
- Demonstrate ability to work independently under pressure; proactive thinker/self-starter
- Exceptional work ethic
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible is essential
- Action Oriented—enjoys working hard and looks for challenges; able to act and react as necessary even if limited information is available; willing to take unpopular stands when necessary
- Strong team player
- The employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.