The Accounting Manager serves as a key member of the Finance Team assisting the growing department and reporting into the Controller. This role will liaison with the Partnerships team to oversee the order to cash process from a revenue accounting perspective. This role will be responsible for accurate accounting, reporting and analysis of all aspects of revenue accounting. In addition, this role will be responsible for other financial statement areas, such as fixed assets, cash, accruals, etc.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Review of revenue contracts. Summarize key terms, determine accounting treatment, identify issues and seek approvals as needed; document contract changes and/or new customer contracts.
- Prepare quarterly reserves analysis. Responsible for month end revenue close including journal entries and account reconciliations related to revenue, accruals, reserves, and related expenses
- Assist in implementing and strengthening business processes.
- Work with external auditors to ensure revenue recognition interpretations are consistent with GAAP/company policy and provide related support.
- Perform monthly transaction level review controls within the order to cash process.
- Analyze/reconcile/document revenue related and other balance sheet accounts in concert with the fiscal close.
- Timely invoicing to our various business partners / customers and application of cash receipts.
- Update receivables by maintaining AR aging schedules and addressing uncollected balances.
- Prepare and review financial statements complete with supporting analysis.
- Assist with internal control formalization.
- Understand the AR/credit/billings process/platform and review changes to systems and test (platform).
- Assist in coordination with Regional offices across the globe.
- 5+ years of experience in revenue recognition preferably with experience in public accounting/revenue accounting
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of revenue accounting and financial principles, preferred
- Outstanding communication skills – including written and verbal communications, interpersonal, analytical, negotiating and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines
- Ability to juggle multiple high priorities in a fast-paced environment and have a willingness to learn
- CPA strongly preferred
- Understanding of ASC 606, specifically contracts with multiple performance obligations
- Working knowledge of GL Systems
- Highly proficient in the use of Excel and spreadsheet applications
- Familiarity with revenue accounting/reporting systems preferred
- Entertainment, Digital Media, Sports background a plus
- Above all, integrity and honesty
- An exceptional work ethic
- An enthusiasm for coaching, teaching and the development of people
- Optimism and energy for the brand and its future
- An open and collaborative nature
- Incredibly organized and capable of juggling multiple projects simultaneously
- A high degree of self-awareness of one’s own personal style, strengths and weaknesses and motivational triggers.
- Intellectual curiosity and enthusiasm for learning.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Action Oriented—enjoys working hard and looks for challenges; able to act and react as necessary, even if limited information is available; willing to take unpopular stands when necessary.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V