Junior Product Designer
Who are we?
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money abroad. We’ve taken something complicated and made it simple, so that sending money is as easy as sending a text message Tap the WorldRemit app or head to on our website, and your international transfer is made – to a bank account, cash pickup, Mobile Money, or airtime top-up. Founded in 2010, we send international remittances from 50 countries to more than 150 countries and we continue to expand our footprint.
Using WorldRemit is easy because we do the hard part, connecting hundreds of banks, money agents, mobile operators and payment systems around the world. These were never designed to work together, but WorldRemit makes it happen.
WorldRemit has grown - on average - by 50% year on year and is now processing over £3.1bn of remittances on an annualised basis. WorldRemit’s success, and the size of the market it is operating in, means it has attracted investment from the world’s leading technology and impact investors, Accel, Technology Crossover Ventures (TCV) and Leapfrog with $370m invested to date. We currently employ close to 1,000 employees and have offices in London, USA, Philippines, Poland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, Hong Kong and other locations.
The journey is just beginning. We believe in faster, simpler, more accessible money transfers. That means building better products and services for our customers.
Changing the world isn’t easy – so we only hire the most talented people. You need to think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems, and have the drive to make them happen. We aim to attract, retain and develop people that can bring to life our values:
- Aim high - We dream big, think bold and go the extra mile
- Embrace challenge - We ask questions, start conversations, and always love to learn
- Do what’s right - We act with integrity, building trust in ourselves and in our business
About the Role
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money. We’re building digital services that allow people to send and receive money easily. Most of our customers are hard-working migrants in Africa, Asia and Latin America. We’re always seeking to better serve our customers and find ways to improve our product – this role is to help us deliver important new features and innovation in a highly efficient and fast-paced way.
As a Junior Product Designer, you’ll:
- Create wireframes, detailed visual designs, interactive prototypes, UX flows etc to demonstrate ideas and thinking process
- Produce great experiences for responsive web as well as iOS and Android devices
- Support senior designers with a variety of needs including updating the design patterns and design system/library
- Participate in user research and usability testing as part of our human centred approach to designing products
- Collaborate closely with other designers as well as product managers, data analysts and engineers
Summary of required experience & attributes
- A passion for people and the curiosity to understand their behaviour and attitudes towards money and technology
- Obsessed with defining problems as well as the creating the design solution(s)
- Working knowledge of design tools like Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD etc
- Posssess a portfolio that demonstrates an understanding of the basics of visual and interaction design
- Skills in iconography and illustration design is a plus
- Life assurance of 3 times your salary, should the worst happen.
- Pension scheme offering 8% matched contributions.
- Private medical and dental care plans.
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 28 after 3 years.
- Free breakfast and fruit every day and Friday 'afternoon tea' drinks and nibbles.
- No formal dress code