Head of Product Design & Research
Who we are...
We’re global, we’re growing and we’re going to need talent to keep up thepace. We’re making payments simpler for over 4m customers worldwide, inover 90 currencies. We’ve been around for 10 years, disrupting the market with a digital payment platform that aims to make sending money abroad as easy as sending a text message.There’s almost 1,200 of us already hard at work and we love welcoming new
people. We’ve got offices across the world, from London to Sydney and 15 locations in between - they’re open for business but right now lots of us areworking from home. Want to be part of our global growth story - read on…
About the role…
As Head of Product Design & Research , you will guide the team in evolving the product & services to be experiences our customers love. You will guide and shape our product strategy by deploying best in class research techniques that provide the customer insight needed to deliver customer centric designs.
You will be part of the Product Leadership team, with specific line management and development responsibility for a group of talented Product Designers, UX Researchers and Product Writers. Design is a vital part of creating success at WorldRemit and we are actively looking to hire a Head of Product Design & Research who will play a pivotal role in developing the
design team, as well as help us to continue to innovate within the Fintech space.
As a member of WorldRemit’s Product team you will aim high, embrace challenge and always do what’s right; acting with integrity and building trust as you contribute to the company’s technical direction and long term decision making. We are passionate about our customers, the products we build and the service we provide. We are looking for someone who will meet objectives through great design process and positive leadership style.
Reporting to the Product Director, you will:
● Own the end to end design process from gathering insights from generative and evaluative research and then working with Product to
identify the best opportunities both to improve our current products and services and also create innovative new ones.
● Partnering with stakeholders to ensure that MVPs are well-defined and the design work is implemented to a high standard.
● You will be a member of the management team, involved in our regular meetings, strategy sessions and ad-hoc problem solving across the business
● Work work cross functionally with teams such as brand and marketing,to make sure the team moves in-step and amplify each others impact
What we’re looking for from you…
● Inspire your team to their full potential ensuring the experiences they
design are reflective of our customer needs and our brand, and are not
just a turnkey solution
● Collaborate with various other teams and departments to formulate a
design vision and identify areas of improvement for our customers
● Work with Product and Engineering to streamline Discovery and
Delivery in order ensure we build great experiences for our customers
● Be an expert in the values and standards behind Design Thinking and
Lean UX in order iterate and evolve our product set and de risk our
● Guide, coach and mentor designers and researchers at scale and have
experience of doing this in a fast paced, high growth, technology
● Evolve our design process, whether through running design crits, show and tells or bringing on new tools - you will be able to spot gaps and help the team find solutions
● You will have a background in one or more of the design specialisms(e.g. product design, visual or content design) across various phases of
product development (e.g. building, launching and scaling)
● You understand how to utilise best in class (quantitative and qualitative) research methods in order to influence product strategy
and design direction.
What you’ll get from us…
● Life assurance of 3 times your salary, should the worst happen.
● Pension scheme offering 8% matched contributions.
● Private medical and dental care plans.
● 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 28 after 3 years.
● Recharge days, 4 per year, 1 for each quarter
● Cycle to work scheme
● Various dining and shopping offers
*Please note, due to remote working at present, some of our benefits may
be temporarily suspended. For more information please get in touch.