Head of Product Design
Who are we?
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money abroad. We’ve taken something complicated and made it simple. Tap the WorldRemit App or click on our website and your international transfer is made – to a bank account, cash pickup, Mobile Money, or airtime top-up. Founded in 2010, we send international remittances from 50 countries to more than 150 countries and we continue to expand our footprint.
Using WorldRemit is easy because we do the hard bit, connecting hundreds of banks, money agents, mobile operators and payment systems around the world. These were never designed to work together, but WorldRemit makes it happen.
WorldRemit has grown on average by 50% year on year and is now processing over £3bn of remittances on an annualised basis. We have raised c.$370 million in funding, currently employ over 800 employees and have offices in London, USA, Philippines, Poland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, Hong Kong and other locations.
The journey is just beginning. We believe in faster, simpler, more accessible money transfers. That means building better products and services for our customers.
Changing the world isn’t easy – so we only hire the most talented people. You need to think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems, and have the drive to make them happen. We aim to attract, retain and develop people that can bring to life our values:
About the Role
As Head of Product Design, you will lead the design team as they look to introduce new product features and experiences to benefit our Global customers. You will contribute to the wider product strategy by utilising various insights that you gather and help facilitate design-led product development in turn.
Design is a vital part of creating success here at WorldRemit and we are actively looking to hire an experienced Head of Product Design to develop the design team, as well as help us to continue to innovate within the Fintech space.
- Collaborate with various other teams and departments to formulate a design vision and identify areas of improvement for our customers
- Steer the roadmap for the team through considered design thinking and analysis of various insights
- Identify areas of improvement of our customers’ experience, such as:
- Designing more engaging and relevant send and receive payment experiences
- Improving our activation and retention process
- Reducing the friction of sending or receiving money abroad
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure that implementation and overall user experience is of a high quality
Summary of required experience & attributes
- Considerable experience of leading, managing, and scaling Design teams
- A strong portfolio of design work, which showcases your UX and visual skills
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to develop relationships with various key stakeholders
- Friendly and focused on ensuring the success of the overall team
- Collaborative and happy to work with various parties across the business, such as engineers, Product Managers, Data Scientists, and others who may be able to provide a unique perspective to the design process
- Promote a customer centric culture within the design team and work to improve the customer experience at all times
- Life assurance of 3 times your salary, should the worst happen.
- Pension scheme offering 8% matched contributions.
- Private medical and dental care plans.
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 28 after 3 years.
- Free breakfast and fruit every day and Friday 'afternoon tea' drinks and nibbles.
- No formal dress code