About the Company:
Worldcoin (www.worldcoin.org) is an open-source protocol, supported by a global community of developers, individuals, economists and technologists committed to expanding participation in, and access to, the global economy. Its community is united around core beliefs in the inherent worth and equality of every individual, the right to personal privacy, and open and public collaboration. These beliefs are reflected in what the community is building: a public utility to connect everyone to the global economy.
The Worldcoin Foundation (www.worldcoin.foundation) is the protocol’s steward and will support and grow the Worldcoin community until it becomes self-sufficient. Tools for Humanity (www.toolsforhumanity.com) is a global hardware and software development company. It helped launch Worldcoin and continues to provide support to the Foundation, in addition to operating the World App.
About the team:
The Data Science team is responsible for deriving data-driven insights to support Worldcoin’s key decisions. Because of our unique growth model of using a global network of Orb Operators to give a free share of Worldcoin to everyone on Earth, we require a high-performing Data Science team that is able to manage and analyze large amounts of data generated by our products and operations. The team’s responsibilities include business intelligence and statistical analysis.
About the Opportunity:
As our first data scientist focused on Markets & Operations, you will enable the Market Operations team to make data-driven decisions regarding all operational questions. The Market Operations team deploys and manages all Orbs worldwide, serves as the primary point of contact for local Operators and partners, and owns the onboarding of active users to Worldcoin. You will be responsible for (1) generating Market Operations’ key metrics and supporting data, (2) providing the right business intelligence insights to advance the team’s objectives, and (3) building models and performing statistical analysis to optimize the team’s resource allocation decisions. You will work collaboratively with economists, statisticians, market managers and business analysts. Your work will directly impact Worldcoin’s operational model and its worldwide resource allocation decisions.
In this role, you will:
- Develop a deep understanding of the Market Operations team’s activities and their relevant data (from Product, Customer Support, Finance, etc.) by working closely with the team and regularly visiting Worldcoin’s operations on the ground
- Conduct detailed statistical analyses (e.g., geo spatial data analysis or causal inference) to inform key decisions of the Market Operations team
- Define and frame the analytical questions for Market Operations and produce the right insights in the form of dashboards, charts and other visualizations
- Create self-service data assets that are simple and clear enough for the Market Operations team to work with independently
- Build rapport and credibility with the Market Operations team and become their trusted partner for data-driven insights
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field like economics, computer science, statistics, or similar, or relevant work experience
- 5+ years of hands-on work experience as a data scientist; experience in operations, supply chains, logistics, on-demand delivery or a related domain a plus
- Good understanding of business economics and financial concepts; prior experience working with economic/financial data a plus
- Experienced at applying analytical and statistical techniques to solve business challenges
- Advanced working knowledge of SQL
- Programming experience in at least one high-level programming language (e.g., Python)
- Experience in data wrangling needed to transform complex, noisy datasets into a form suitable for analysis
- Previous experience with geo-spatial data analysis and causal inference a plus
- Experience communicating insights and making recommendations based on data to diverse stakeholders, some of whom may not have a data background
- Skilled at managing cross-functional relationships
- Practically oriented and “getting-the-job-done” mindset
- Thriving in a fast-paced and continuously evolving environment
Berlin or San Francisco. If located elsewhere, candidates are expected to relocate.
This role will require travel 3-4 times per year to a few of our MarketOps locations with short notice.