About the Company:
Worldcoin (www.worldcoin.org) is an open-source protocol, supported by a global community of developers, individuals, economists and technologists committed to expanding participation in, and access to, the global economy. Its community is united around core beliefs in the inherent worth and equality of every individual, the right to personal privacy, and open and public collaboration. These beliefs are reflected in what the community is building: a public utility to connect everyone to the global economy.
The Worldcoin Foundation (www.worldcoin.foundation) is the protocol’s steward and will support and grow the Worldcoin community until it becomes self-sufficient. Tools for Humanity (www.toolsforhumanity.com) is a global hardware and software development company. It helped launch Worldcoin and continues to provide support to the Foundation, in addition to operating the World App.
About the Team
This role is part of our World App team, which since its launch in July 2023, has grown to 2 million monthly active users globally and is on track to become the largest crypto wallet in the world. The app enables users to obtain their unique Proof of Personhood through World ID, claim Worldcoin Grants in eligible countries, and send money globally for free. We are a lean and mission-driven team.
About the Opportunity
As a senior software engineer you’ll be designing and building highly scalable systems to support the App. In this role, you will:
- Be the owner of key components within the App. You will be responsible for designing, building, maintaining and scaling them, including delivering on business metrics.
- Design backend systems for high scalability. This includes cross-coordination with your mobile, design and web teammates.
- Build! You will execute on delivering the relevant backend components for the App.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders including Marketing, Operations, Risk, Data Science and other Engineering teams in the company. You will help shape prioritization for your squad.
- Help in continuing to develop the Engineering organization across the company.
- A software engineer with a well-established history spanning over five years, proficient in crafting cutting-edge and exceptionally scalable software applications.
- Have gained proficiency in delivering and up-keeping products essential for high-capacity operations, adept at managing substantial transaction volumes and large user bases.
- Expertise architecting functional systems for performance and security.
- Experience with IaC and managing and scaling your own resources.
- Experience building with Typescript and/or Rust is strongly preferred.
- You are successful in ambiguous environments, are comfortable continuously reprioritizing, and have an MVP-mindset.
- You are very energetic, independent and willing to roll up your sleeves.
- You have very strong written communication skills and can clearly express and defend your opinions.