About the Company:
Worldcoin (www.worldcoin.org) is an open-source protocol, supported by a global community of developers, individuals, economists and technologists committed to expanding participation in, and access to, the global economy. Its community is united around core beliefs in the inherent worth and equality of every individual, the right to personal privacy, and open and public collaboration. These beliefs are reflected in what the community is building: a public utility to connect everyone to the global economy.
The Worldcoin Foundation (www.worldcoin.foundation) is the protocol’s steward and will support and grow the Worldcoin community until it becomes self-sufficient. Tools for Humanity (www.toolsforhumanity.com) is a global hardware and software development company. It helped launch Worldcoin and continues to provide support to the Foundation, in addition to operating the World App.
This opportunity would be with The Worldcoin Foundation.
About the Team:
Marketing and communications are responsible for the reputation, brand, and community the Worldcoin Foundation is creating to nurture and grow the Worldcoin protocol. Tasked with the creation and management of Worldcoin’s marketing and communications efforts, the team oversees everything from community management to earned media and branding to content creation.
About the Opportunity:
In this role you will:
- Be responsible for managing and growing the Worldcoin community on official channels such as Discord and Telegram, while identifying other platforms for community engagement
- Moderate a developer community on Discord and run multiple streaming events.
- Collaborate with senior stakeholders to ensure community channels foster positive sentiment, messaging, and appropriate brand image
- Manage and control scope, quality, schedule, cost, and contracts.
- Capture program status and data by ensuring the population of the program management information system in order to maintain accurate and current program information for the use of stakeholders.
- Provide input to important Discord community policy, planning, and strategy decisions. Develop, implement, and review operational policies and procedures.
- Lead and grow a team of moderators to ensure leadership voices are coming from inside our different communities
- Develop and grow a global ambassador program
- Collaborate with product teams to utilize the Discord server for gathering valuable feedback and insights on products from the community, and work to continually improve user experiences based on this feedback
- Partner with internal teams to identify and engage the most active Discord users, and recruit them to participate in deeper public discussions and events
- Foster a strong relationship with highly engaged Discord users and encourage experimentation with World ID.
- 5-7 years of experience in community engagement and management
- Trusted and valued partner to cross-functional team, serving as a public voice and leader with an ability to align all messaging and activities with the broader goals of the group.
- Excellent communication skills across various formats for building and maintaining community relationships
- Creative and analytical problem-solving skills
- Experienced troubleshooting technical issues and resolving customer complaints promptly and effectively
- Fluent with social media platforms Discord and Telegram and understands their norms and features
- Has developed understanding of Web3, cryptocurrency and community dynamics
- Can work independently
- Proactive, constantly seeking ways to improve their area of responsibility