About the Company:
Currently valued at $1B and backed by leading investors like Andreessen Horowitz and Coinbase Ventures, Worldcoin is a new, collectively owned global currency that will be distributed fairly to as many people as possible. Worldcoin will launch by giving a free share to everyone on Earth. We believe that this is an essential step to accelerate the transition towards a more inclusive global economy, providing new ways for everyone to share future prosperity. We hope you’ll join us on our ambitious journey.
About the Team:
As part of the Hardware team, we are responsible for sourcing materials to fuel production of the Orb in times of a global supply chain crisis as well as distributing the Orb worldwide. The supply chain and logistics team plays a critical part in bringing our electronic hardware device to market globally. We work with mechanical and electrical component suppliers, in order to scale a hardware product from prototype to mass production volumes. We are a rapidly growing, highly cross-functional team that strategically partners with every section in every department to create a positive, and unique company brand.
About the Opportunity:
In this position you will have the opportunity to monitor, route, and prioritize shipments, and be a critical part of manufacturing and development of our hardware device. You will also play a pivotal role in shaping a key portion of our growing supply chain as we progress to scale. You will work with mechanical and electrical component parts in support of final assembly to scale a hardware product. You will be responsible for all inbound and outbound materials that support all build activities. To include directing the flow of shipments from packaging to shipment of materials, semi and finished goods.
- 2+ years of experience in a shipping or logistics role
- Experience in international shipping
- Experience using Microsoft office suite applications
- Accurately managing and maintaining required records (spreadsheets, Proforma-Invoices, modules, and external data sources)
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Hazmat certified (49/CFR, IATA, IMDG, battery) a plus
- Preferred knowledge of Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and criteria therein necessary to offer hazardous goods for shipment to third party logistics providers
- Comprehension of shipping International goods to Africa, and South America is preferred
- Experience using a transportation management system (SAP,TM, Oracle NetSuite),