Who We Are
We believe that passionate people create powerful results. A love and respect for our clients and the supportive Workshop Digital community is what truly makes us different from other agencies. Our team works together to go the extra mile for our clients and each other. We don't pretend to be perfect, but we are fully committed to doing everything we can individually and as a team to help our clients succeed by attracting and converting their ideal customers.
The Director of SEO reports to the VP of Client Services and provides proactive leadership guiding Workshop Digital’s Search Engine Optimization (SEO) team as they discover insights, provide strategy, build strong client relationships, expand services offerings, execute projects, and deliver the highest quality work. While developing the SEO team, they maintain a high level of client retention, client account growth, and profitability in partnership with the Director of Paid Media.
- 5+ years managing an SEO team including analysts and managers of analysts
- 5+ years experience executing hands-on SEO work for high complexity clients
- Proven track record of:
- Designing and delivering SEO plans and strategies
- Building strong internal and external relationships in an ever-changing environment
- Analyzing situations, solving problems, and taking appropriate course of action
- Developing and implementing a strategic vision for the SEO team and communicating that vision to team members
- Launching new service offerings
- Deep understanding and working experience of technical SEO, on-page SEO, off-page SEO, local SEO, content development, conversion rate optimization, and analytics
- Understanding of various digital marketing channels, for example, paid search, digital PR, web development, and social media, among others.
- Advanced- to Expert-level skills in MS Office Suite and Google Workspace
- Advanced analytical skills; capable of drawing insights from raw information and data acquired through field research
- Exceptional and courteous written and verbal communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of the latest market trends and shifts, as well as projections for the future
- Communicates independently and effectively with various audiences both internal and external
What You’ll Do
- Develop and implement a strategic vision for the SEO team
- Maintain standards of performance and ensure successful SOW execution across an evolving and expanding set of SEO services
- Lead, manage and grow the SEO team with a focus on timely, efficient, and accurate SOW fulfillment as well as ongoing retention
- Provide Quality Assurance and continually improve client deliverable, internal setup, management, and reporting processes/procedures
- Conduct team trainings including advanced topics to help develop team expertise
- Support the VP of Client Services and collaborate with the Director of Paid Media to ensure clear communication, successful planning, and effective management of department-wide initiatives
- Support the sales team by assisting with upsells, RFPs, presentations, audits, proposals, and SOWs
- Support the marketing team by assisting with thought leadership, case studies, and internal SEO
Workshop Digital offers nationally competitive salaries, a comprehensive health and wellness benefits package, 401(k) non-elective contributions, profit sharing, bonuses, unlimited PTO, family leave, paid time off for volunteering and short- & long-term disability.
Equal Opportunity & Inclusion Statement
Individuals seeking employment at Workshop Digital are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, presentation, or sexual orientation. All individuals should apply.
For applicants in cities/states with salary transparency laws, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details on your respective state's salary laws.