As the leading workforce management solution for the skilled trades, Workrise makes it easier for skilled laborers to find work, and for companies to find in-demand workers. Workrise currently operates in wind, solar, construction, oil and gas, and defense industries. We’re growing, and we’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Workrise is hiring a Product Director of our oil and gas business unit. As the product owner and leader of our oil and gas platform that generates over $1bn in GSV, you will partner with business unit leaders to drive the future of growth for this core part of our business. This platform is not only the core of what Workrise was built off of, but the leading business unit fueling our journey forward.
You will lead our holistic oil and gas program, including 75+ team members across product, engineering, design, operations, sales and marketing. You’ll have the opportunity to work with some of our top product managers and engineers to define and execute against a product roadmap strategy. Our ideal candidate combines a strong enterprise background with consumer capabilities, and has a proven track record of effective people management.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work with highest level business unit leaders to align product, engineering, design, openations, sales, and marketing against a holistic strategy.
- Ensure execution of roadmaps across a multitude of cross functional teams. creative and technical teams to define, design, develop and launch new features and enhancements to our customers
- Facilitate in the prioritization and implementation of new ideas and concepts across products and business channels
- Own the operating model that yields roadmap plans, release iterations, operational frameworks and launch strategies for the oil and gas program.
- Understand strategic and competitive position in the market through customer interaction and research
- Perform competitive analysis to identify opportunities that support strategic and tactical recommendations
- Analyze data to deliver actionable, business-relevant insights for direction and decisions
- Interface with customers through field research, usability studies and surveys to identify product needs.
- Partner closely with service providers, legal and compliance to gather requirements and plans for ongoing regulatory considerations
- Engage in Design Thinking, UX testing, iterative design and development
- Help resolve business and technical challenges across the organization
What you should have:
- 10+ years of product management experience, with experience in a growth stage software company.
- Track record of managing product managers, and managing cross-functional product, engineering, and design teams.
- Strong people leader and people manager.
- Track record of program management across product and engineering, as well as operational stakeholders.
- Strong track record of delivering products well-aligned with business strategy, and capabilities of making tradeoffs for the right business outcomes.
- Proven ability to influence and inspire across departments to reach ambitious goals
- A strong bias for action and results
- Technical background or relevant experience
- Self-starter with ability to balance and thrive in areas of mature business processes and entrepreneurial needs.
- Agile/Scrum experience
More than a job:
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values:
- Own the Mission
- Learn and Grow
- Solutions Over Ego
- Raise the Bar
In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with:
- Working alongside talented peers who will bring out the best in you
- The opportunity to significantly impact the growth curve of an already high-growth business
- Benefits for full-time employees, flexible paid time off, 401k with company matching, medical, dental and vision insurance
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel belonging, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicity, disability, age, veteran status, and citizenship. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Who we are:
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the Oil & Gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. Over time, we’ve grown to serve construction, wind, solar, and defense.
We’re a Series E startup, backed by industry-leading investors Founders Fund, Bedrock Capital, Andreesen Horowitz, Baillie Gifford. To date, we’ve placed over 26,000 skilled tradespeople with over 500 businesses and are poised to grow exponentially over the coming months and years.
We’d love to share more through the interview process!