Workrise is the fastest-growing tech startup focused on empowering the skilled trades workforce. We're seeking Strategic Operations Managers that are eager to build the future with us. We are looking to hire in multiple locations including but not limited to Atlanta, Austin, DFW, Denver, Houston, Fort Lauderdale, Orlando, and Tampa.
In this role you will be a key player in the growth at Workrise, solving the industry’s toughest problems, all en route to building the largest and most qualified workforce. We’re looking for the next generation of 10xers, those that can think strategically, autonomously, and become future industry thought leaders. Sound like you? Keep reading...
You’ll be asked to get your hands dirty and build, apply advanced data models to your daily routine, and apply new methods to operating while making old habits obsolete. You’ll be asked to step outside of your comfort zone - to think critically across all areas of our business model - both customer facing and across internal operations.
Reporting directly to the marketplace GM, you will be critical for the local marketplace’s success by ideating and improving local practices that optimize our operational efficiency. Our ideal candidate will be motivated and success-driven, with a proven track record of solving complex business challenges.
Our team has great people from all over the US and beyond, from all sorts of industries and all walks of life. We highly value the different perspectives and unique ideas that diversity brings to our company, and consider it an absolute necessity for our future.
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for developing local programs & tests that help us build our supply base
- Ensure all new market participants follow our SOPs and help refine/buildout more efficient ways to operate
- Be a change management champion. Help roll-out new automation initiatives and ensure successful adoption
- Be a strategic partner with our central operations team. Help drive constructive improvements in our product and marketplace initiatives
- Assist in launching new markets, spearheading go-to-market efforts, and driving results across stakeholders
- Providing thought leadership through data analysis and business modeling.
What you should have:
- A deep desire to empower the skilled trades workforce.
- Minimum of 4 years working in investment banking, management or strategy consulting, engineering, or high paced startup / operational environments.
- Degree from a top undergraduate program in finance, economics / econometrics, computer science, engineering, statistics, or other quantitative fields.
- Technical experience preferred across SQL/R/Python, applied statistics, data transformation and analysis, and/or advanced Excel / GSuite capabilities.
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity and leverage data to drive solutions.
- The superpower to re-architect and optimize systems and eliminate stale processes.
- Customer focused strategy optimizing tactics related to CAC and LTV.
- A propensity to take bold bets, and more importantly: the willingness to fail.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with the ability to go from zero to one.
- High level of curiosity about the company and industry with the willingness to challenge the status quo.
- High energy and a willingness to go the extra mile to solve problems.
- Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
More than a job:
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values:
- Own the Mission
- Learn and Grow
- Solutions Over Ego
- Raise the Bar
In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with:
- Working alongside talented peers who will bring out the best in you
- The opportunity to significantly impact the growth curve of an already high-growth business
- Benefits for full-time employees, flexible paid time off, 401k with company matching, medical, dental and vision insurance
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel belonging, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicity, disability, age, veteran status, and citizenship. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Who we are:
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the Oil & Gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. Over time, we’ve grown to serve construction, wind, solar, and defense.
We’re a Series E startup, backed by industry-leading investors Founders Fund, Bedrock Capital, Andreesen Horowitz, Baillie Gifford. To date, we’ve placed over 26,000 skilled tradespeople with over 500 businesses and are poised to grow exponentially over the coming months and years.
We’d love to share more through the interview process!