As the leading workforce management solution for the skilled trades, Workrise makes it easier for skilled laborers to find work, and for companies to find in-demand workers. Workrise currently operates in wind, solar, construction, oil and gas, and defense industries. We’re growing, and we’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Workrise is hiring an Assistant General Counsel, Liens that will be responsible for working with stakeholders across the organization to protect the company’s mechanic’s lien and payment bond rights. The Assistant General Counsel, Liens will track and analyze new project information, review and update lien and bond laws by state, and draft preliminary lien notices, lien affidavits, and payment bond claims. Our ideal candidate for this role will be someone who is organized, detail-oriented, and thinks strategically.
Why Join us? Our Legal team at Workrise supports a company with over 700 corporate employees and thousands of skilled tradespeople who work in the field. Supporting those skilled tradespeople by ensuring that Workrise protects its accounts receivable through lien and bond rights is a matter of passion and pride for our Liens team. Workrise is a dynamic and fast moving corporate environment that keeps us engaged and also allows for balance.
What you’ll be doing:
- Drafting preliminary mechanic’s lien notices that are compliant with state law across multiple jurisdictions
- Filing lien and payment bond claims on overdue accounts
- Reviewing and executing lien waivers and releases
- Analyzing and revising liens provisions in customer contracts
- Providing support to the litigation team when filing suit to foreclose lien and bond claims
- Reviewing new project information on an ongoing basis to assess lien rights and track deadlines
What you should have:
- J.D. degree and membership in at least one state bar
- 2-5 years of legal experience in construction law or handling lien/bond claims
- Ability to multi-task and handle shifting priorities in a fast-paced and time-sensitive environment
- Superior analytical, writing, oral communication, research, investigatory, advocacy, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and effectively on multiple tasks and with a variety of stakeholders across all levels of the business
- Exceptional judgment when weighing both legal and business risk
More than a job:
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values: Own the Mission, Learn and Grow, Solutions Over Ego, and Raise the Bar. In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with various health insurance plan options (including medical, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, and competitive 401k matching.
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Who we are:
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the Oil & Gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. Over time, we’ve grown to serve construction, wind, solar, and defense.
We’re a Series E startup, backed by industry-leading investors Founders Fund, Bedrock Capital, Andreesen Horowitz, Baillie Gifford. To date, we’ve placed over 26,000 skilled tradespeople with over 500 businesses and are poised to grow exponentially over the coming months and years.
We’d love to share more through the interview process!