Strategic Ops Manager, Recruiting Strategy & Ops
Workrise is the fastest-growing tech startup focused on empowering the skilled trades workforce. We're rapidly growing our Talent Acquisition (TA) team and seeking the team’s first Strategy & Ops hire, who will be crucial in building a world-class TA function that will unlock growth and scale across the company.
We’re seeking a Strategic Operations Manager that is eager to build the future and lead high-priority, enterprise-impacting initiatives that transform Workrise Talent Acquisition into a force for growth. This role will support our VP of Talent Acquisition and Chief People Officer and will work with teams across the business (both within and outside of the People team) to identify, lead, and solve our most critical initiatives.
We’re looking for the next generation of 10xers, those that can think strategically, autonomously, and become future industry thought leaders. In this role, you’ll be asked to get your hands dirty and build, apply data models to your daily routine and apply new methods to operating while making old habits obsolete. You’ll be asked to step outside of your comfort zone and think critically across all areas of our TA approach, practices and operations.
As part of the People organization at Workrise, you will sit at the nexus of company strategy and execution. We know that our success is ultimately defined by our people, and relentlessly pursue the opportunity to build a best-in-class talent brand and culture. Specifically as part of the Talent Acquisition team, you will partner closely with leadership to design and execute strategies to attract not only high performers but future Workrise bar raisers.
What you’ll be doing:
- Building, building, building
- Serve as the PMO for Talent Acquisition driving key programs
- Applying structured, data-driven and analytically-rigorous problem-solving approaches and methods
- Working with leadership, including the VP of Talent Acquisition and Chief People Officer, to shape strategy, identify key initiatives and drive results
- Establishing OKRs and detailed plans for strategic TA projects
- Leading execution of strategic projects, such as:
- Analyzing funnel conversion for insights and improvements
- Analyzing and optimizing team capacity and mix of internal and external resources based on cost, flex needs, etc.
- Assessing and optimizing interviewing and scheduling practices
- Managing programs such as a bar raiser program, network events, university recruiting, etc.
- Assessing the end-to-end journey from headcount planning to onboarding across multiple personas (experience for candidates, hiring managers, recruiting team, etc.)
- Benchmarking and assessing our practices against leading companies and our key competitors for talent and transforming into actionable recommendations
- Improving the methodology, systems, tools and resources that enable the smooth intake, selection and execution of strategic programs within TA
What you should have:
- A deep desire to empower the skilled trades workforce (and deep desire to build a scalable TA function that will attract high-performers to do the same)
- Minimum of 2 years working in investment banking, management or strategy consulting, engineering or fast-paced startup / operational environments
- Degree from a top undergraduate program in finance, economics / econometrics, computer science, engineering, statistics or other quantitative fields
- Technical experience preferred across SQL/R/Python, applied statistics, data transformation and analysis and/or advanced Excel / G-Suite capabilities
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environments and ambiguity, and leverage data to drive solutions
- The superpower to re-architect and optimize systems and eliminate stale processes
- Customer-focused strategy optimizing tactics related to key metrics (candidate experience, time to fill, pipeline quality, etc)
- Experience working in data-driven environments, with the ability to track and understand key metrics (conversions rates, etc)
- A propensity to take bold bets, and more importantly: the willingness to fail
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with the ability to go from zero to one
- Proven ability to effectively collaborate with senior business leaders
- Working knowledge of ATS systems and pipeline metrics is a plus but not required (Greenhouse preferred)
More than a job:
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values:
- Own the Mission
- Learn and Grow
- Solutions Over Ego
- Raise the Bar
In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with:
- Working alongside talented peers who will bring out the best in you
- The opportunity to significantly impact the growth curve of an already high-growth business
- High rewards commensurate with high performance
- Flexible paid time off and generous benefits including 401k with company matching
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Who we are:
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the Oil & Gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. Over time, we’ve grown to serve construction, wind, solar, and defense.
We’re a Series E startup, backed by industry-leading investors Founders Fund, Bedrock Capital, Andreesen Horowitz, Baillie Gifford. To date, we’ve placed over 26,000 skilled tradespeople with over 500 businesses and are poised to grow exponentially over the coming months and years.
We’d love to share more through the interview process!