As the leading workforce management solution for the skilled trades, Workrise makes it easier for skilled laborers to find work, and for companies to find in-demand workers. Workrise currently operates in wind, solar, construction, oil and gas, and defense industries. We’re growing, and we’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Workrise is hiring a Director of Product Design who will manage and build a team of designers and partner with cross functional leadership on company-wide product efforts to deliver key business results. Our ideal candidate has significant UX experience influencing multiple stakeholders while advocating for our users.
Why Join us? Our Design Team (product and research) is small but mighty. We're working super fast with a seat at the table - collaborating closely with our product and engineering partners to influence our company strategy. We are focused on building a culture of iteration, experimentation and continuous learning, where all of us can do our best work.
** Must submit a portfolio/presentation to be considered
What you’ll be doing:
- Attract, build, nurture and grow a team of product designers while mentoring, coaching and fostering their professional development
- Set clear expectations, regularly provide performance feedback, and support designers in growing their skills and impact
- Collaborate with product management and engineering leaders to define the design vision, strategy, operations, and communications that will help the team build great products and push forward user and business goals
- Shape the product roadmap, both short term and long-term
- Drive collaboration and vision across the company to build alignment on priorities leading to product design and execution, representing design, to executive stakeholders across the org
- Provide design direction and critique, maintaining quality while focusing on speed to market in an iterative, test and learning environment
- Establish trust and build confidence with key cross-functional partners
- Help shape design philosophy, tools, operations and discipline on a high impact design team
What you should have:
- 8+ years of experience working in-house, embedded on a cross-functional product team
- Knowledge of design methods, innovation, ideation, storytelling, prototyping, design frameworks, concept visualization, problem-framing skills and design principles
- 5+ years of leadership experience with direct reports under your guidance and leadership, including hiring and developing senior managers and individual contributors
- Senior people management, team development, recruiting and org building experience
- Experience growing a strategic design practice within design teams
- Experience giving and receiving feedback, explaining reasoning behind your work
- Experience building mobile responsive web or native mobile applications
- Effective communication skills with the ability to convey ideas to diverse people and roles
- Experience working with ambiguity and complexity, iterating quickly
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, largely autonomous environment
- Eager to solve problems in heavy industry
More than a job:
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values: Own the Mission, Learn and Grow, Solutions Over Ego, and Raise the Bar. In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with various health insurance plan options (including medical, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, and competitive 401k matching.
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Who we are:
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the Oil & Gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. Over time, we’ve grown to serve construction, wind, solar, and defense.
We’re a Series E startup, backed by industry-leading investors Founders Fund, Bedrock Capital, Andreesen Horowitz, Baillie Gifford. To date, we’ve placed over 26,000 skilled tradespeople with over 500 businesses and are poised to grow exponentially over the coming months and years.
We’d love to share more through the interview process!