As the leading workforce management solution for the skilled trades, Workrise makes it easier for skilled laborers to find work, and for companies to find in-demand workers. Workrise currently operates in wind, solar, construction, oil and gas, and defense industries. We’re growing, and we’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Workrise is hiring a Support Engineer II that will be responsible for troubleshooting problems faced by the end-users by identifying issues and analyzing them. Our ideal candidate for this role will be someone who loves the idea of working with technology to help our employees thrive and working with a small team to support our employees facing problems related to hardware, software, and networking.
Why Join us? Our IT team at Workrise helps deliver business outcomes, so business units don’t have to become technology experts. The IT team manages the technology, so the business staff can focus on business activities. While we're a very rapidly growing company with incredible potential, the IT team is still building processes, integrations, and solutions that we need a teammate to help implement and develop.
This position is an in-office (no remote work) position located in our Richardson, TX office.
What you’ll be doing:
- Service Desk (60% - 80%):
- Be a single point of contact for customers to obtain technical support
- Configure desks, laptops and software for all new hires
- Assist with the ticket queue for all day to day IT requests
- Update equipment inventory and maintain equipment stock with our approved vendors
- Manage company provided mobile equipment
- Create technical documentation, KB articles, and How To’s for our knowledge management system
- Discover training needs and provide coaching as needed for service desk team
- Project work (20% - 40%):
- Use technology and best practices to streamline procedures and automate tasks
- Assist and collaborate with IT Systems Administrators and IT Systems Engineers with implementation of new solutions and management all existing platforms
What you should have:
- Experience with:
- Google Workspace (G Suite)
- Microsoft Office365 administration
- Apple macOS with Jamf is strongly preferred
- Microsoft Windows operating systems support in a business environment
- Strong communication skills in order to work with both IT specialists and non-IT employees.
- Demonstrate competency in troubleshooting
- Able to multi-task and document several tasks at once
More than a job:
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values: Own the Mission, Learn and Grow, Solutions Over Ego, and Raise the Bar. In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with various health insurance plan options (including medical, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, and competitive 401k matching.
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Who we are:
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the Oil & Gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. Over time, we’ve grown to serve construction, wind, solar, and defense.
We’re a Series E startup, backed by industry-leading investors Founders Fund, Bedrock Capital, Andreesen Horowitz, Baillie Gifford. To date, we’ve placed over 26,000 skilled tradespeople with over 500 businesses and are poised to grow exponentially over the coming months and years.
We’d love to share more through the interview process!