As the leading workforce management solution for the skilled trades, Workrise makes it easier for skilled laborers to find work, and for companies to find in-demand workers. Workrise currently operates in wind, solar, construction, oil and gas, and defense industries. We’re growing, and we’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Workrise is hiring a Manager of Corporate Strategy that will be responsible for leading the Corporate Strategy & Development team’s analysis of business unit needs, market trends, and key initiatives throughout the company.
Our ideal candidate for this role will be someone who can connect the dots between disparate pieces of information, is analytically savvy, can communicate insights to drive action, and has experience in managing and coaching analysts.
Why Join us? Our Corporate Strategy & Development team at Workrise develops informed positions on big questions that drive value and long-term differentiation. We play a critical role in formulating the company’s long-term strategic direction, capital and resource allocation decisions, evaluating acquisitions and strategic partnerships, and driving outcomes that scale growth.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead multiple workstreams within the Corporate Strategy & Development team that work towards developing / updating Workrise’s Corporate Strategy and plan to achieve short term and long term objectives while supporting strategy development for our business units
- Oversee analysts conducting quantitative and qualitative research and analysis that results in compelling recommendations for the senior leadership team
- Coach and develop younger talent within the team to build skills and take greater ownership of projects and workstreams
- Primary support for internal partners and senior leadership to develop pricing strategies that drive long term growth and margin goals
- Educate and influence through a rigorous and detailed understanding of the P&L across multiple dimensions to influence critical margin drivers and develop insights
- Identify and triage key questions, issues, and road blocks facing the company
- Lead relationships within the company cross-functionally to gather information, educate and influence decision makers accordingly
- High level of curiosity about our company and the industries we play in, with the willingness to challenge the status quo
What you should have:
- 5-7 years work experience, ideal background in consulting / banking / PE / corps strategy or similar roles
- Advanced Excel / google sheets experience required. Ability to deep dive into data and begin identifying and quantifying opportunities is a must.
- Experience in owning, building and conveying insights through powerpoint storyboards
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and work streams to support internal team and partner groups
- Experience in mentoring and managing analysts as part of leading larger workstreams
More than a job:
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values: Own the Mission, Learn and Grow, Solutions Over Ego, and Raise the Bar. In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with various health insurance plan options (including medical, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, and competitive 401k matching.
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Who we are:
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the Oil & Gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. Over time, we’ve grown to serve construction, wind, solar, and defense.
We’re a Series E startup, backed by industry-leading investors Founders Fund, Bedrock Capital, Andreesen Horowitz, Baillie Gifford. To date, we’ve placed over 26,000 skilled tradespeople with over 500 businesses and are poised to grow exponentially over the coming months and years.
We’d love to share more through the interview process!