Workrise is on a mission to make it easier for skilled laborers to find work, and for companies to find in-demand workers - and we’ve committed to placing 100,000 workers in jobs by the end of 2023, and 1 million by the end of 2030. We’re headquartered in Austin, TX and are building the latest tech to support our workers in wind, solar, construction, oil and gas, and defense industries. We’re growing fast, and we’d love to hear how your events expertise can help our marketing team and the company achieve our mission.
WHY EVENTS MANAGEMENT AT WORKRISE? This is an exciting opportunity to build and execute high-impact event programs - from hospitality to tradeshows to brand activations - to help raise awareness for the Workrise brand and support our business groups with their sales and customer engagement goals.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR: The Events Marketing Manager we seek brings deep event marketing expertise to guide us through every step of the process from planning through analysis and refinement of all Workrise events. You are experienced, organized, and a great communicator who is passionate about thinking outside of the box to create events that help our company achieve its goals.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work with key stakeholders in marketing and other business areas to define an overarching strategy and plan for events at Workrise.
- Manage the execution of individual events from the development of the event brief, budget preparation, through project management, execution to reporting and analysis.
- Manage vendor relationships and overall events budget.
- Work closely with marketing teams - e.g. brand, creative, PR, social - to ensure we take full advantage of each event through integrated marketing activities.
- Partner with Product, B2B Marketing and Sales teams to ensure impactful event support for go-to-market plans.
- Build strong and clear processes around event management to enable efficient and timely engagement of all stakeholders throughout the process.
- Create impactful internal communications to share highlights of Workrise events to generate excitement and an understanding of the business value delivered.
What you should have:
- Deep managerial experience of event management in B2B environments: you’re our events guru (B2C and two-sided marketplace experience is a plus!).
- Proven experience with event management of both high-profile, large events (500+ attendees) and intimate executive style events: you can do it all.
- Able to translate business needs to event tactics: you see the big picture.
- Creative thinker and problem solver: you thrive on a juicy challenge.
- Strong project management skills: you’re organized beyond compare.
- Exceptional communications & people skills: you’re an articulate collaborator.
- Hands-on player: your sleeves are rolled up and you’re ready to go.
- Data-driven and analytical data is your friend and you know how to use it.
- Low ego: you always put the team before yourself.
More than a job:
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values:
- Own the Mission
- Learn and Grow
- Solutions Over Ego
- Raise the Bar
In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with:
- health insurance options (including medical, dental, vision)
- flexible paid time off
- competitive 401k matching
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Who we are:
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the Oil & Gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. Over time, we’ve grown to serve construction, wind, solar, and defense.
We’re a Series E startup, backed by industry-leading investors Founders Fund, Bedrock Capital, Andreesen Horowitz, Baillie Gifford. To date, we’ve placed over 26,000 skilled tradespeople with over 500 businesses and are poised to grow exponentially over the coming months and years.
We’d love to share more through the interview process!