Your role in our Team
At Workrise, we believe it’s more than just a job, we invest in our people & encourage you to choose the path for your career. It’s truly about you, your future & where you want to go.
The Engineering team at Workrise leverages a variety of tools to enable and sustain a scalable and highly-resilient platform for delivering customer value. We are organized into agile, cross-functional product line teams consisting of engineering, product and design which allows us to develop deep expertise and rapidly deliver high-value features and functionality.
We are looking for a Cloud Engineer to help us build the next evolution of the Workrise cloud infrastructure (Google Cloud Platform, Terraform), developer tooling (CI/CD), application infrastructure (Kubernetes, Istio Service Mesh) and monitoring (Grafana, Prometheus, Open Telemetry).
What you'll be doing
- Working with Helm and CircleCI configuration to help make our deployment process fast, secure, and standardized
- Working with Prometheus metrics and building dashboards in Grafana
- Building and iterating on Terraform modules
- Pairing with our application teams to understand their pain points and ensure their success
- Handling on-call rotation ensuring high uptime and resiliency for our customers and development teams
Who you are
You’re an engineer who has had experience using cloud technologies to build, deploy, run, and manage applications. You are excited about the prospect of working at an organization that is focused on building a platform team to enable and work alongside the application teams. You revel in implementing tools that reduce friction. You are the person that people come to when they need more opinions on solving a challenging problem.
Most importantly, you want to work with engineers who push the status quo and let you take end to end ownership of the work you are passionate about.
So, what is important to us
- 2+ years a cloud focused DevOps or SRE role OR 4+ years of development experience interacting with cloud technologies
- Hands-on monitoring tool usage (SumoLogic, Stackdriver, Grafana, Prometheus)
- Experience with one or more cloud technologies (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- BS degree or equivalent practical experience
Above all you’ll get stuff done, more importantly you’ll collaborate to do the right things, in the right way to achieve the right outcomes
Some of the things that would be nice to have
- You have worked on teams that build tools for developers
- You have a background or certifications in cloud security
- Experience with pub/sub messaging technology like Kafka (or equivalent)
- Experience configuring service mesh based policies (Istio)
- Experience provisioning, deploying, and supporting containers with Helm / Kustomize, Kubernetes, and Docker
- Experience building configuration for CI/CD (Git, Jenkins, Spinnaker, CircleCI, etc.)
- Experience with infrastructure as code technologies for cloud resources, preferably Terraform
- Experience with remote collaboration with teams in different time zones
Note - all candidates must be able to demonstrate their right to work in the UK
What we will offer you
We can promise that every day will be a little different with new ideas, challenges & rewards.
We’ve been growing as a team and we are not done just yet, there is plenty of opportunity to shape how we deliver together.
You’ll receive a benefits package that is one of the most competitive in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
- Competitive base salary & market leading equity package (pre-IPO)
- Annual performance related bonus opportunity (cash & equity)
- 25 days of annual leave plus 11+ statutory days
- Premium Medical & Dental - day 1 cover for you & your family
- Pension - positive employer contribution
- Group Critical Illness & Life Cover
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible approach to working
- Excellent WFH office contribution of £500.00
We embrace diversity in all of its forms and foster an inclusive environment for all people to do their best work with us.
We recognise that women are currently under-represented in the Technology sector, we would particularly welcome applications from women.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status
All appointments will be made on merit.
Who we are:
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the Oil & Gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. Over time, we’ve grown to serve construction, wind, solar, and defense.
We’re a Series E startup, backed by industry-leading investors Founders Fund, Bedrock Capital, Andreesen Horowitz, Baillie Gifford. To date, we’ve placed over 26,000 skilled tradespeople with over 500 businesses and are poised to grow exponentially over the coming months and years.
We’d love to share more through the interview process!