As the leading workforce management solution for the skilled trades, Workrise makes it easier for skilled laborers to find work, and for companies to find in-demand workers. Workrise currently operates in wind, solar, construction, oil and gas, and defense industries. We’re growing, and we’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
The Engineering team at Workrise leverages a variety of tools to enable and sustain a scalable and highly-resilient platform for delivering customer value. We are organized into agile, cross-functional product line teams consisting of engineering, product and design which allows us to develop deep expertise and rapidly deliver high-value features and functionality.
We are looking for a Cloud Engineer to help us build the next evolution of the Workrise cloud infrastructure (Google Cloud Platform, Terraform), developer tooling (CI/CD) and application infrastructure (Kubernetes, Istio Service Mesh) and monitoring (Prometheus, Open Telemetry, Sumo Logic).
What you’ll be doing:
- Working with Helm and CircleCI configuration to help make our deployment process fast, secure, and standardized
- Working with Prometheus metrics and building dashboards in Grafana
- Building and iterating on Terraform modules
- Pairing with our application teams to understand their pain points and ensure their success
- Handling on-call rotation ensuring high uptime and resiliency for our customers and development teams
What you should have:
- 2+ years a cloud focused DevOps or SRE role
- 4+ years of development experience interacting with cloud technologies
- Hands-on monitoring tool usage (SumoLogic, Stackdriver, Grafana, Prometheus)
- Experience with one or more cloud technologies (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Above all you’ll get stuff done, more importantly you’ll collaborate to do the right things, in the right way to achieve the right outcomes
Some of the things that would be nice to have:
- You have worked on teams that build tools for developers
- You have a background or certifications in cloud security
- Experience with pub/sub messaging technology like Kafka (or equivalent)
- Experience configuring service mesh based policies (Istio)
- Experience provisioning, deploying, and supporting containers with Helm / Kustomize, Kubernetes, and Docker
- Experience building configuration for CI/CD (Git, Jenkins, Spinnaker, CircleCI, etc.)
- Experience with infrastructure as code technologies for cloud resources, preferably Terraform
- Experience with remote collaboration with teams in different time zones
More than a job:
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values: Own the Mission, Learn and Grow, Solutions Over Ego, and Raise the Bar. In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with various health insurance plan options (including medical, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, and competitive 401k matching.
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Who we are:
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the Oil & Gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. Over time, we’ve grown to serve construction, wind, solar, and defense.
We’re a Series E startup, backed by industry-leading investors Founders Fund, Bedrock Capital, Andreesen Horowitz, Baillie Gifford. To date, we’ve placed over 26,000 skilled tradespeople with over 500 businesses and are poised to grow exponentially over the coming months and years.
We’d love to share more through the interview process!