As the leading workforce management solution for the skilled trades, Workrise makes it easier for skilled laborers to find work, and for companies to find in-demand workers. Workrise currently operates in wind, solar, construction, oil and gas, and defense industries. We’re growing, and we’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Workrise is hiring a Principal Frontend Software Engineer to lead and influence talented software engineers, establish best practices, and drive architectural decisions as we continue to build the next evolution of our platform in a scalable, service oriented architecture.
Why Join us? Our Engineering team at Workrise is building the platform to power the largest skilled trades marketplace in the world. We have a relentless worker-first focus on providing better pay and more consistent work to skilled trades workers across the country. This equates to a better living for them and their families.
What you’ll be doing:
- Play a key role in establishing best practices and driving architectural and complex decisions on larger initiatives
- Work closely with other technical leads and principal engineers, actively looking for integration opportunities
- Share and promote innovative ideas that will benefit the broader organization through brown bags, organization wide presentations, and direct conversations
- Through collaboration with our Product team, contribute to the short and long term vision of our product while ensuring the quality of the team deliverables and maintaining the architecture/tech debt backlog
- Understand and own all aspects of the team’s features, evangelizing the team's deliverables, supporting large complex projects and features, including post-deployment ownership.
What you should have:
- 10+ years of relevant professional experience with a solid track record of building, shipping and monitoring large scale systems in production
- Expertise in SPA Web Frameworks with a preference on React
- Expertise in GraphQL
- Expertise with CI/CD tools and strong fundamentals with testing and delivery methodologies (experience w/ CDN, edge networks, etc.)
- Experience with building performant API/Facade layers communicating with multiple microservices, with strong API design fundamentals
- Experience mentoring and growing other junior to staff level engineers
- Experience with design systems and building a collaborative working model with Design stakeholders
- Experience with building applications that serve customers with intermittent connectivity
- Strong in agile development methodology, with an understanding of what it takes to write software that is used by millions of people.
- A love for writing robust, secure, scalable, and performant applications
- A love and desire to learn new things, mentor other engineers, and lead by example as you push for engineering excellence
More than a job:
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values: Own the Mission, Learn and Grow, Solutions Over Ego, and Raise the Bar. In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with various health insurance plan options (including medical, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, and competitive 401k matching.
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Who we are:
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the Oil & Gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. Over time, we’ve grown to serve construction, wind, solar, and defense.
We’re a Series E startup, backed by industry-leading investors Founders Fund, Bedrock Capital, Andreesen Horowitz, Baillie Gifford. To date, we’ve placed over 26,000 skilled tradespeople with over 500 businesses and are poised to grow exponentially over the coming months and years.
We’d love to share more through the interview process!