As the leading workforce management solution for the skilled trades, Workrise makes it easier for skilled laborers to find work, and for companies to find in-demand workers. Workrise currently operates in wind, solar, construction, oil and gas, and defense industries. We’re growing, and we’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Workrise is hiring a Staff Economist that will be responsible for researching and delivering insights on topics such as skilled labor, labor markets, economic trends, and the future of work as part of the Corporate Strategy & Development team.
Our ideal candidate for this role will be someone who has insatiable curiosity, can connect the dots between disparate pieces of information, is analytically savvy, and can communicate complicated insights into easily understandable concepts.
Why Join us? Our Corporate Strategy & Development team at Workrise develops informed positions on big questions that drive value and long-term differentiation. We play a critical role in formulating the company’s long-term strategic direction, capital and resource allocation decisions, evaluating acquisitions and strategic partnerships, and driving outcomes that scale growth.
What you’ll be doing:
- Conduct economic analysis and quantitative research on market trends, policies, and the future of work in support of our businesses and company initiatives
- Partner with our Government Affairs team to stay ahead of policy changes that may affect our business and make actionable recommendations to mitigate or maximize those impacts
- Partner with our PR team to analyze and leverage internal and external data to support thematic content and press opportunities
- Applying a build/buy partner strategy to gain insights quickly that help position Workrise as a thought leader in skilled labor
- Lead relationships within the company cross-functionally to educate and influence decision makers accordingly
- Work closely with others on the team on competitive and customer trends to drive strategy and corporate development recommendations
- An equal blend of qualitative and quantitative work, requiring analytical rigor and creativity
What you should have:
- 3-4 years work experience, ideal background in investment banking / PE or has reported into sell-side economists or market strategists. We are not looking for purely academic backgrounds
- Intermediate Excel / google sheets experience required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and has deep experience putting together data and story
- Proven ability to distill complex ideas into easily understandable stories
- Ability to quickly learn skills and business acumen is a must
- Has experience in identifying relevant economic trends that will resonate with the general public/news consumer audience
- Previous experience in conducting on-the-record interviews with the press is a plus
More than a job:
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values: Own the Mission, Learn and Grow, Solutions Over Ego, and Raise the Bar. In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with various health insurance plan options (including medical, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, and competitive 401k matching.
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Who we are:
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the Oil & Gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. Over time, we’ve grown to serve construction, wind, solar, and defense.
We’re a Series E startup, backed by industry-leading investors Founders Fund, Bedrock Capital, Andreesen Horowitz, Baillie Gifford. To date, we’ve placed over 26,000 skilled tradespeople with over 500 businesses and are poised to grow exponentially over the coming months and years.
We’d love to share more through the interview process!