As the leading workforce management solution for the skilled trades, Workrise makes it easier for skilled laborers to find work, and for companies to find in-demand workers. Workrise currently operates in wind, solar, construction, oil and gas, and defense industries. We’re growing, and we’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Workrise is hiring a Senior Estimator for our Wind and Telecom Construction team who will be responsible for estimating work of particular projects by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents. In addition, they estimate labor, material, and time requirements in order to be able to compute the overall cost of the project. Our ideal candidate for this role will be someone who has a detailed eye, a grasp on construction materials & methods, and a systematic & organized approach towards their work. Sound like you? Keep reading.
What you’ll be doing:
- Prepare portions of contract proposal estimates for one or more disciplines, including the determination of applicable project plans and specifications.
- Perform detailed quantity take-offs using Trimble Business Center or similar
- Review proposal specifications and drawings to determine the scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Prepare discipline estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work.
- Review design options and recommend the best solution based on cost, engineering quality, or availability of materials.
- Calculate various statistical data: quantity take-offs, material price lists, labor costs per man-hour, equipment, etc.
- Research historical data (purchase orders, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports, etc.) and compile summary reports to develop guidelines and precedence for future estimates.
- Participate in developing project updates and bid package estimate documents.
- Maintain files of working documents for back-up for estimate figures.
- Assist in the monitoring of conceptual estimates with actual cost data.
- Minimum supervision provided when estimating items within own discipline.
What you should have:
- +7 years of experience in an estimating role
- Working knowledge of renewable construction projects (wind and solar)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in B2W estimating software or equivalent program for Civil Estimating
- Proficiency in takeoff software preferred
- Proficiency with Bluebeam preferred
- Working knowledge of electrical scopes (low/medium voltage)
- Experience in estimating turbine mechanical completion and tower wiring activities preferred, but not required.
- General knowledge of estimating techniques, cost control and material pricing required. Ability to calculate mathematical extensions, read and understand engineering drawings, purchase orders, contracts, cost coding systems, etc. is essential.
- Estimators need to have knowledge of heavy construction strategies for all site conditions, comprised of an expertise in applying information provided in geotechnical reports and other resources to construction scopes of work, experienced in RFQ processes with regional gravel suppliers and subcontractors, understanding permitting fee structures, and adhering to local code requirements.
More than a job:
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values: Own the Mission, Learn and Grow, Solutions Over Ego, and Raise the Bar. In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with various health insurance plan options (including medical, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, and competitive 401k matching.
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Who we are:
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the Oil & Gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. Over time, we’ve grown to serve construction, wind, solar, and defense.
We’re a Series E startup, backed by industry-leading investors Founders Fund, Bedrock Capital, Andreesen Horowitz, Baillie Gifford. To date, we’ve placed over 26,000 skilled tradespeople with over 500 businesses and are poised to grow exponentially over the coming months and years.
We’d love to share more through the interview process!