Your role in our Team
At Workrise, we believe it’s more than just a job, we invest in our people & encourage you to choose the path for your career. It’s truly about you, your future & where you want to go.
The Engineering team at Workrise leverages a variety of tools to enable and sustain a scalable and highly-resilient platform for delivering customer value. We are organised into agile, cross-functional product line teams consisting of engineering, product and design which allows us to develop deep expertise and rapidly deliver high-value features and functionality.
We are looking for a Cloud Engineer to help us build the next evolution of the Workrise cloud infrastructure (Google Cloud Platform, Terraform), developer tooling (CI/CD) and application infrastructure (Kubernetes, Istio Service Mesh) and monitoring (Open Telemetry, Sumo Logic) .
What you'll be doing
- Maintaining and improving a Kubernetes based microservice ecosystem that empowers our application teams to rapidly and securely deliver value
- Designing and developing DevOps processes and tools to automate and audit application service operations
- Implementing easy to use tooling to provide platform level resources to application teams as a source of best practice standards
- Collaborate with our application teams to understand their pain points and ensure their success
- Championing continuous improvement of our methods to deploy & support our cloud architecture
- Managing projects through completion
- Mentoring devops engineers across the organisation, providing guidance and support with a sense of stewardship for their growth
- Influencing the wider engineering team through demos, brown bag topics, and design proposals
- Handling on-call rotation ensuring high uptime and resiliency for our customers and development teams
Who you are
You’re an engineer who likes to tackle the complex challenges that come with a modern service oriented architecture. You take pride in having a stable, resilient infrastructure that supports the work of our engineering teams. You revel in building tools that reduce friction and introduce best practice by default into the software development cycle.
Most importantly, you want to work with engineers who push the status quo and let you take end to end ownership of the work you are passionate about.
So, what is important to us
- 4+ years supporting a high availability cloud environment in a DevOps or SRE role
- 6+ years of relevant DevOps experience
- Experience provisioning, deploying, and supporting containers with Helm / Kustomize, Kubernetes, and Docker
- Deploying and supporting end-to-end CI/CD (Git, Jenkins, Spinnaker, CircleCI, etc.)
- Hands-on monitoring tool usage (SumoLogic, Stackdriver, Grafana, Prometheus)
- Experience with infrastructure as code technologies for cloud resources, preferably Terraform
- Experience with one or more cloud technologies (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- BS degree or equivalent practical experience
Above all you’ll get stuff done, more importantly you’ll collaborate to do the right things, in the right way to achieve the right outcomes.
Some of the things that would be nice to have
- You have worked on teams that build tools for developers
- You have a background or certifications in cloud security
- Experience with pub/sub messaging technology like Kafka (or equivalent)
- Extensive networking skills (VPC, VPN, TCP/IP, routing, load balancing, DNS)
- Experience configuring and maintaining a Kubernetes service mesh (Istio)
- Experience with remote collaboration with teams in different time zones
Note - all candidates must be able to demonstrate their right to work in the UK
What we will offer you
We can promise that every day will be a little different with new ideas, challenges & rewards.
We’ve been growing as a team and we are not done just yet, there is plenty of opportunity to shape how we deliver together.
You’ll receive a benefits package that is one of the most competitive in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
- Competitive base salary & market leading equity package (pre-IPO)
- Annual performance related bonus opportunity (cash & equity)
- 25 days of annual leave plus 11+ statutory days
- Premium Medical & Dental - day 1 cover for you & your family
- Pension - positive employer contribution
- Group Critical Illness & Life Cover
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible approach to working
- Excellent WFH office contribution of £500.00
We embrace diversity in all of its forms and foster an inclusive environment for all people to do their best work with us.
We recognise that women are currently under-represented in the Technology sector, we would particularly welcome applications from women.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status
All appointments will be made on merit.
Who we are:
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the Oil & Gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. Over time, we’ve grown to serve construction, wind, solar, and defense.
We’re a Series E startup, backed by industry-leading investors Founders Fund, Bedrock Capital, Andreesen Horowitz, Baillie Gifford. To date, we’ve placed over 26,000 skilled tradespeople with over 500 businesses and are poised to grow exponentially over the coming months and years.
We’d love to share more through the interview process!