As the leading workforce management solution for the skilled trades, Workrise makes it easier for skilled laborers to find work, and for companies to find in-demand workers. Workrise currently operates in wind, solar, construction, oil and gas, and defense industries. We’re growing, and we’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Workrise is hiring a Senior Associate, Payroll Operations who will be responsible for ensuring team performance for accurate invoicing and reporting. Our ideal candidate for this role will be someone who has a strong understanding of data management and invoice processing, with an eye for process improvement and prioritization.
Why Join us? Our Financial Operations team at Workrise is looking for someone in this role, to be responsible for executing scalable payment solutions in support of a remote W-2 workforce. Sound like you? Keep reading.
What you’ll be doing:
- Supports payroll process by entering, maintaining, and/or processing information in the payroll system; information may include employees hourly rates, salaries, commissions, bonuses or other compensation, time worked, paid leave and holidays, deductions and withholding, address changes, and other information
- Prepares reports and present findings and recommendations with respect to payroll accuracy and compensation trends
- Identifies, recommends, and programs custom functions and documentation such as automated queries, filters, macros, and reports
- Supports analysts and HRIS staff to plan, modify, and customize the HRIS and to test new applications and features
- Prepares training materials, guides, and documentation when needed
- Ensures proper processing of payroll deductions for taxes, benefits, charitable contributions, and other deductions
- Maintains knowledge of trends and developments in HRIS providers, vendors, and technology - with a focus on payroll
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent combination of work experience
- 3 years prior experience in Payroll or Accounting preferred
- Proficiency in Excel, Paylocity, ADP or similar software
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
More than a job:
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values: Own the Mission, Learn and Grow, Solutions Over Ego, and Raise the Bar. In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with various health insurance plan options (including medical, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, and competitive 401k matching.
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Who we are:
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the Oil & Gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. Over time, we’ve grown to serve construction, wind, solar, and defense.
We’re a Series E startup, backed by industry-leading investors Founders Fund, Bedrock Capital, Andreesen Horowitz, Baillie Gifford. To date, we’ve placed over 26,000 skilled tradespeople with over 500 businesses and are poised to grow exponentially over the coming months and years.
We’d love to share more through the interview process!