Workrise is changing the way work is done. As part of the People Team, our endeavor is to empower our employees who are in turn here “to empower the people who get hard work done.” The People team is hiring an Employee Relations Manager who will be responsible for building and driving the employee relations function for our employees.
Our ideal candidate for this role will be someone who has a strong understanding of employee relations and employer compliance, with an eye for process improvement and prioritization. In this role, you will be responsible for building scalable solutions, including leading the team and leveraging the tools needed to execute those solutions. Up for a challenge? Keep reading:
What you'll be doing:
- Partner with the People, Field HR and Legal teams to ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws and ordinances
- Prioritize and own employee relations issues
- Partner with People Partner colleagues and business leaders to provide recommendations for proactive employee relations solutions derived from data insights
- Partner with internal teams to provide training and education for managers and employer representatives in the field
- Lead portions of our Employee Handbook redesign and roll out
What you should have:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- At least 8 years of experience in Human Resources and/or Employee Relations
- Expertise in employment law and best practices in multiple states and the ability to be an SME for the organization.
- Deep Employee Relations investigation and policy development experience
- A high level of adaptability, a high tolerance for ambiguity, and ability to lead and manage change throughout the organization
More than a job:
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values: Own the Mission, Learn and Grow, Solutions Over Ego, and Raise the Bar. In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with various health insurance plan options (including medical, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, and competitive 401k matching.
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Who we are:
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the Oil & Gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. Over time, we’ve grown to serve construction, wind, solar, and defense.
We’re a Series E startup, backed by industry-leading investors Founders Fund, Bedrock Capital, Andreesen Horowitz, Baillie Gifford. To date, we’ve placed over 26,000 skilled tradespeople with over 500 businesses and are poised to grow exponentially over the coming months and years.
We’d love to share more through the interview process!