As the leading workforce management solution for the skilled trades, Workrise makes it easier for skilled laborers to find work, and for companies to find in-demand workers. Workrise currently operates in wind, solar, construction, oil and gas, and defense industries. We’re growing, and we’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
We are looking for a leader in the analytics space to help us take our data organization to the next level. The best way to describe this role is being the bridge between business and data engineering. You have extensive analytical experience and understand how data is used and what the business user needs & expects. You want to take that experience and leverage it to help us develop and create the data platform & frameworks to support enterprise data-driven decisions. Considering this is a brand new team, you will be expected to play a leading role in defining the team’s mission & scope, establishing processes, help set expectations with different stakeholders and ultimately create a solid foundation to seed the team.
What you’ll be doing:
- You’ll proactively help define the technical / analytical roadmap for our data platform based on current and future demands.
- You’ll be part of the data organization, but your focus will be on enabling data consumption -- owning what gets developed and how it gets transformed.
- You’ll develop and maintain the semantic layer by conforming data (dimensions & facts) from multiple sources representing different stages of our funnel & life-cycle - CRM, ERP, LMS, Customer Service, etc.
- You’ll be responsible for transforming raw data into actionable analytical information and business logic.
- You’ll be providing clean & reliable data objects to end-users, modeling data in a way that empowers them to answer their own questions.
- You’ll be responsible for creating the reporting artifacts & data connections to support visualization and report building. For example, building the necessary measures, aggregation logic, and refresh frequency to promote sustainable self-service.
- You’ll be partnering with the business stakeholders to understand the different use cases and analytics workflows and transform those business requirements into code.
- You’ll help drive the ingestion and transformation roadmap of internal/external data sources to support the ever-changing business evolution.
What you should have:
- 5+ years of experience in an analytics / BI developer role.
- You have extensive data modeling experience (dims, facts, star-schema, denorm, etc.).
- You have data analysis experience - able to dissect business issues, analyze large amounts of data and draw actionable conclusions (in essence, you know your customers).
- You have strong communication skills - particularly with a non-technical audience.
- You have experience partnering with data engineers & data scientists.
- You are highly proficient in SQL. You have experience using a scripting language (Python).
- You have experience with a reporting platform - preferably Tableau.
- You have experience with cloud solutions & ETL/ELT applications.
Our current data stack: Snowflake, Fivetran, DBT, Prefect & GCP Cloud.
More than a job:
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values:
- Own the Mission
- Learn and Grow
- Solutions Over Ego
- Raise the Bar
In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with:
- Working alongside talented peers who will bring out the best in you
- The opportunity to significantly impact the growth curve of an already high-growth business
- High rewards commensurate with high performance
- Flexible paid time off and generous benefits including 401k with company matching
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Who we are:
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the Oil & Gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. Over time, we’ve grown to serve construction, wind, solar, and defense.
We’re a Series E startup, backed by industry-leading investors Founders Fund, Bedrock Capital, Andreesen Horowitz, Baillie Gifford. To date, we’ve placed over 26,000 skilled tradespeople with over 500 businesses and are poised to grow exponentially over the coming months and years.
We’d love to share more through the interview process!