As the leading workforce management solution for the skilled trades, Workrise makes it easier for skilled laborers to find work, and for companies to find in-demand workers. Workrise currently operates in wind, solar, construction, oil and gas, and defense industries. We’re growing, and we’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Workrise is hiring a Financial Systems Administrator to help support our ERP (NetSuite) and the peripheral systems that support our accounting and finance teams.This role will live in the Business Applications team in IT, but will support the accounting teams. It is a “liaison” between accounting and systems. The ideal candidate has a diverse knowledge in accounting in accordance with GAAP, system maintenance, systems documentation, and ability to help drive process improvements. Bonus points for SOX or compliance experience.
Why Join us? Our Information Technology team at Workrise resides inside of the Engineering group and reports to our CTO. We are working on creating a fast-scaling, people-centric, and results driven team, and the Business Applications team will help us bring the customer-facing systems into our realm. We want to automate and integrate all the things, and if that is your mentality, this is the place for you.
What you’ll be doing:
- Own UAT and Testing signoff by the accounting team for system configurations, customizations, workflows, scripts and testing
- Administration/Support for Finance & Accounting systems including NetSuite, Adaptive Insights, Expensify, FloQast, Tesorio, HighRadius, and others
- Maintain an understanding of financial and accounting concepts, and apply them to financial systems to implement best practices or process improvements
- Collaborate with other teams to develop and improve integrations between financial applications
- Update and maintain system documentation for financial systems
- Review requested changes to financial systems to ensure adherence to GAAP and bring in relevant people for review from accounting as/when needed
- Develop documentations and trainings for end users for system modifications and business process changes
- Timely provisioning and deprovisioning of system access
- Perform ad hoc reporting and analysis for address data integrity and help ensure adherence to process controls and procedures
- Adhere to SOX compliance by maintaining logs and approvals of system changes
- Work with the Financial Systems Manager to deliver on the team’s roadmap
- Work closely with multiple stakeholders and teams to deliver on their requirements and expectations
- Develop skills and work in other business applications systems
- Adhere to, monitor and implement IT policies and procedures while maintaining confidentiality and securing operational data
What you should have:
- 5+ years working in finance or accounting (or related) roles
- 2+ years working in a system administrator capacity or as a systems consultant
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Information Systems (or demonstrated equivalent experience)
- Strong Financial Acumen, you understand how operational and financial decisions impact the financial statements
- Experience with SaaS/ERP design, development, testing and deployment.
- Understanding of SOX Compliance and internal controls
- Experience working in a multi-legal entity environment, intercompany accounting experience is a big plus
- Desire to "automate all the things"!
- You are a “doer” and comfortable working in an iterative environment
- You're organized, can communicate well, and love working with multiple SaaS and in-house built systems
- You can assess and prioritize projects well, you like to "wear many hats,” and you like to have your hands in everything IT
- You update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; and participating in professional organizations.
More than a job:
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values: Own the Mission, Learn and Grow, Solutions Over Ego, and Raise the Bar. In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with various health insurance plan options (including medical, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, and competitive 401k matching.
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Who we are:
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the Oil & Gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. Over time, we’ve grown to serve construction, wind, solar, and defense.
We’re a Series E startup, backed by industry-leading investors Founders Fund, Bedrock Capital, Andreesen Horowitz, Baillie Gifford. To date, we’ve placed over 26,000 skilled tradespeople with over 500 businesses and are poised to grow exponentially over the coming months and years.
We’d love to share more through the interview process!