As the leading workforce management solution for the skilled trades, Workrise makes it easier for skilled laborers to find work, and for companies to find in-demand workers. Workrise currently operates in wind, solar, construction, oil and gas, and defense industries. We’re growing, and we’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
We are looking for an Engineering Manager for our Workplace initiative to help us to continue to build the next evolution of our platform in a scalable, service oriented architecture.
What you'll be doing:
- Managing a team of 6-8 engineers composed of full-time engineers based in Austin, and contract engineers based in Uruguay.
- Working with Product Managers, Designers, and Technical Program Managers on various projects to refine, prioritize, and deliver customer value
- Establishing and maintaining an efficient team delivery process that delivers product roadmap features while balancing technical infrastructure investments.
- Building relationships and working with stakeholders including customers, product managers, engineering managers, cross-functional partners, and external partners.
- Contributing to strategic direction, planning the roadmap, escalating issues, and synthesizing feedback to ensure team success.
- Representing and being accountable for the technical output of the team, either through personal experience or strong communication lines with senior engineers.
- Coaching and developing engineers through setting performance expectations, career planning, performance reviews, coaching low performers, compensation reviews, promotions, and terminations.
- Participating in recruiting both to fill positions on your team, and also assisting in filling opening engineering headcount across Workrise.
What your team will be working on:
- Building and maintaining Node based microservices running on Google Kubernetes Engine that facilitate transactions executed through our platform
What you should have:
- 6+ years of relevant software development experience
- 2+ years of experience managing a team of 4-8 engineers that has built, deployed and maintained production grade web applications
- Familiarity with cloud computing providers, order of preference: GCP, AWS, Azure
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines for production services
- Experience with remote collaboration with teams in different timezones
- Experience with Agile development methodologies, order of preference: Kanban, Scrum, XP
- BS degree or equivalent practical experience
Who you are:
- You are a motivated and self-directed engineering manager who wants to deliver real business value
- You seek to understand the purpose of your project and how it fits into the larger view, and actively share and promote that with your team.
- You can lead and function effectively in the face of uncertainty and ambiguity.
- You see mistakes as learning opportunities, not just for you but for your team as well.
More than a job:
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values: Own the Mission, Learn and Grow, Solutions Over Ego, and Raise the Bar. In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with various health insurance plan options (including medical, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, and competitive 401k matching.
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Who we are:
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the oil & gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. And while our commitment hasn’t changed, our business has. What started in oil & gas has grown to include construction, wind, solar, and defense. So we believe it’s time our company’s name reflects that evolution. We’re excited to announce that RigUp is now Workrise— a full-stack workforce provider, powered by technology specifically built for the diverse industries we serve.