Your role in our Team
At Workrise, we believe it’s more than just a job, we invest in our people & encourage you to choose the path for your career. It’s truly about you, your future & where you want to go.
We are looking for a Backend Senior Software Engineer to help us to continue to build the next evolution of our platform in a scalable, service oriented architecture.
We are organised into agile cross-functional teams consisting of Engineering, Product & Design, which allows us to develop deep expertise and rapidly deliver high value features & functionality.
What you'll be doing
You’ll work closely with a team of Backend Engineers to build & maintain the microservices running on our Google Kubernetes Engine, partner with Frontend Engineers to define the API contracts that serve our application experiences, and collaborate with Product & Design to refine our feature roadmap.
We'll be there to support you as you become familiar with our teams, product domains, tech stack and processes - generally how we all work together.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will
- Help design, build and deliver the services and domains that power our platform - shaping the product features and capabilities that underpin our platform
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Designers and Engineers to take ideas from concept to delivery - balancing the desire to ship code with the responsibility to get it right
- Contribute to our culture improving how we deliver as a team - helping us to leave things better than we find them & making it easier for all of us to get stuff done
- Support, coach and mentor Engineers within our team - sharing your insight, knowledge and experience as we learn & grow together
Our main tech stack includes : Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes & Docker, React.js, Typescript, Material-UI, Graph QL, Neo4j, Node.js, NestJS, MongoDb, PostgreS, Kotlin, and Kafka
If you have production scale experience in a different stack (Go, Java, Python, Scala, C# etc.) and are interested in moving to a new stack then we should chat !
Who you are
You're a hands-on developer who gets stuck in, you enjoy solving complex problems & building impactful solutions - importantly you care about making a difference
- Take the initiative to own outcomes from start to finish - knowing what needs to be done within your domain and how we work together to deliver the best solution
- You’ve a passion for developing your craft - you get what it takes to build quality, robust and scalable solutions
- You’ll see the learning when things don’t quite go to plan - not just for you but how we continuously improve as a team
So, what is important to us
Above all you’ll get stuff done, more importantly you’ll collaborate to do the right things, in the right way to achieve the right outcomes
- 5+ years of relevant development experience building production grade solutions
- Delivery focussed with solid exposure to SOA and/or Microservices environment
- Practical exposure of CI/CD pipelines for your production services
- Familiarity with cloud service platforms (GCP, or AWS, Azure etc.)
- Experience partnering and collaborating with remote teams (across different time zones)
- Proven track record in learning new technologies and applying that learning quickly
Some of the things that would be nice to have, a plus but not required
- Familiar with containerisation and Kubernetes
- Practical production knowledge of GraphQL or alternatives
- Experience with pub/sub messaging technology like Kafka
Note - all candidates must be able to demonstrate their right to work in the UK
What we will offer you
We can promise that every day will be a little different with new ideas, challenges & rewards.
We’ve been growing as a team and we are not done just yet, there is plenty of opportunity to shape how we deliver together.
You’ll receive a benefits package that is one of the most competitive in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
- Competitive base salary & market leading equity package (pre-IPO)
- Annual performance related bonus opportunity (cash & equity)
- 25 days of annual leave plus 11+ statutory days
- Premium Medical & Dental - day 1 cover for you & your family
- Pension - positive employer contribution
- Group Critical Illness & Life Cover
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible approach to working
- Excellent WFH office contribution of £500.00
We embrace diversity in all of its forms and foster an inclusive environment for all people to do their best work with us.
We recognise that women are currently under-represented in the Technology sector, we would particularly welcome applications from women.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status
All appointments will be made on merit.
Who we are:
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the Oil & Gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. Over time, we’ve grown to serve construction, wind, solar, and defense.
We’re a Series E startup, backed by industry-leading investors Founders Fund, Bedrock Capital, Andreesen Horowitz, Baillie Gifford. To date, we’ve placed over 26,000 skilled tradespeople with over 500 businesses and are poised to grow exponentially over the coming months and years.
We’d love to share more through the interview process!