As the leading workforce management solution for the skilled trades, Workrise makes it easier for skilled laborers to find work, and for companies to find in-demand workers. Workrise currently operates in wind, solar, construction, oil and gas, and defense industries. We’re growing, and we’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Workrise is hiring a Strategic Business Development Director that will be responsible for facilitating business development initiatives for our temporary and direct placement opportunities for IT, software, and other professional trade placements. As the Strategic Account Executive, you will be aiding with the strategy and implementation support to ensure that your clients’ needs are met from a holistic program perspective. Additionally, the Strategic Account Executive will also support business development initiatives and proposals related to opportunities within the United States with the opportunity to expand globally. Our ideal candidate for this role will be someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, finds purpose in building businesses, and strives to exceed their quota every month.
Sound like you? Keep reading.
What you’ll be doing:
- History of growing book of business through relationship and strategic selling
- Deep network within Defense contractor industry (maritime preferred) and the ability to influence those decision makers
- Sense of urgency to get things done while paying attention to the details; we are get excited about large step functions in growth
- Understanding of temporary labor market
- Transformation and improvement experience; being able to spot gaps / issues and solution towards process improvement
- Experience identifying and developing key metrics to drive and manage team performance
- Strong people management skills; know how to build and develop high performing teams
- Strong communication and collaboration skills; ability to work across a matrixed organization effectively
- Customer / client experience design mindset
- Team player, willing to wear multiple hats, roll up sleeves, and get the job done
What you should have:
- 5-10 years of experience in strategic selling and account management
- Top sales / account management performer; think 10x book growth year over year
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience providing meeting support and developing communications materials
- Experience or knowledge pertaining to civilian and military construction
- Ability to obtain and maintain an active security clearance
- Location flexible
More than a job:
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values: Own the Mission, Learn and Grow, Solutions Over Ego, and Raise the Bar. In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with various health insurance plan options (including medical, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, and competitive 401k matching.
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Who we are:
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the oil & gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. And while our commitment hasn’t changed, our business has. What started in oil & gas has grown to include construction, wind, solar, and defense. So we believe it’s time our company’s name reflects that evolution. We’re excited to announce that RigUp is now Workrise— a full-stack workforce provider, powered by technology specifically built for the diverse industries we serve.